Most Gory Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Feb 2, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

The game i found most gory is soldier of fortune 2 double helix, its the only game where peoples limbs actually blow off. however the graphics are terrible so playing it now, you cant enjoy the gore. I heard in call of duty 2 its pretty good, with the bullet holes and exit wounds, does anyone know any other gory games?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

in theory the most gory game is the old Mortal Kombat series. Photos of people ripping each others heads off. cant get much worse than that, right?

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

How about Doom/ Doom2/ Doom3? Those are all pretty gory.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. steelfist macrumors 6502a

starcraft is a bit gory, especially if there's 370 suicidal zerglings assaulting a heavily seige tanked and bunkered area but it's ok, but "goryness" makes me think of starcraft. the most disturbing gory of starcraft is medics dying. their 4 limbs get ripped off.

it's not the most gory game, but it does have some extreme goryness.

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Thats a very good point, I also found the original soldier of fortune on PC to be quite gory for its time...

Shadow

7. steelfist macrumors 6502a

soldier of fortune 2 was a "gory" fun game too. it's funny to shoot at *erm* and watch them bend over and kneel in pain

8. katchow macrumors 6502

carmegeddon's cow guts...mmm, time for lunch.

9. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

that was from the GHOUL2 (i think it was 2) engine built into I think it was the Q3 engine, or maybe it was UT.

Anyway I dont know why many games since (SoF 2 was like a bazillion years ago) havent gone the same route of actual HIT SPOT damage.

Blowing off an arm, a head etc is commonplace, but actual gradual DAMAGE is not. And I think it adds alot to a game to be able to punch and punch and punch someones head and watch as

it gets bloody
    bloodier
    skin flakes off in chunks
    see bone
    see brain
    see splat.

now that was fun.

11. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

postal 1+2 for general " What the hell is he doing" kind of gore...

However, opon seeing this I'd go for Bubble Bobble.

R

12. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Postal 2 is probably the most gory game I know one, there are maybe 20 different ways to kill someone and its the only game I know where after killing someone you can piss on their corpse:eek:

13. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

Im pretty sure its GHOUL3, that game even had a form of ragdoll, and it was released when, 2002?
    They should make FPS games with an advanced engine of ghoul3, where when sum1 gets shot they actually hold that spot, or the heads and arms blown off, but its real people, unlike the doom series where u kill zombies/demons

14. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Myth was a pretty gory game in its time. Heads literally rolled down the hills, and in some cases you could pick up body parts and throw them at your enemies. Its a shame that game hasn't been updated, it was a lot of fun, even playing over a 28.8 modem.

15. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

SOF II is pretty darn gory, but what about Manhunt or The Punisher?

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

17. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Barbarian on the Spectrum.

1st time i ever saw someones head coming off in a game.

:)

18. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I still think the absolute most gory game I have EVER seen was "Way of the Warrior" it was released on the Neo-Geo and was banned in Australia and serveral other countries. It beat the Mortal Kombat series hands down for the gore factor.

19. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

*cough*Project Magma*cough*

THey've worked on both Myth 1 and 2, more recently porting all of Myth 1 to the Myth 2 engine. It runs beautifully on my Mini-though it does look a little old now-maybe you were talking about the lack of a worthy sequel, since Myth 3 sucked.

And yes, I second the nomination of Myth as goriest game.

20. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

I just rented the game GUN, it is such a good game, and its extremely gory, when u shoot sum1s head, the head blows off in bits, but when you go look at the bits of head on the ground, you can see the eyes and facial expressions of the people, its actually pretty funny, limbs blow off with the proper gun, and the blood is amazing, when you trample someone with a horse there person slides on the ground and theres a large trail of blood, the gore is very gratuitious, but it makes the game fun, as well you can scalp victimss:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

21. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

state of emergency

VERY GORY. you can shoot a rocket at somebody blow them to pieces and then go grab those dismembered body parts (head arm torso leg whatever) and then go around and beat the living tar out of other folks with those body parts. no wonder it was taken off the market!