Most important thing in life is...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Peyton, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I consider myself to be relatively mature, all my life I've been told I'm a 40 year old in a X(put a young age here) body. I'm 20, I'm about to graduate college undergraduate school this May, and like after highschool, the concept of what is most important to me and in life in general has come up.

So what is it to you. I can already imagine posts about 'my family' 'my friends' but try to drive deeper than that, what is it that they do that make it the most important thing? Try to be specific, if someone used your specific exmaple (which I doubt can probably happen) just go with your second.

I'm really interested...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Calibrating my iBook's battery once a month. Which is an incredibly deep and meaningful pseudo-phrase for good health and prosperity of course... Or I genuinely look forward to calibrating my battery monthly...

3. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

Yep, you're mad (but I still find your posts interesting) and I knew I'd get a few jokes...thanks for living up to my expectation:cool:

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

most important to me is my love/fear of God and love for all my peoples.....oh and get a PS3.

Bless

5. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Most important to me... Be content with my life where it's at right now. Don't look back wondering what if, and don't wish away the years. Enjoy today ;)

6. SharksFan22 macrumors regular

SharksFan22

One important thing is to enjoy what you have (relationships and people, not possessions) and not worry about what you don't.

Oh, and if you're 20, you have a TON of time to worry about important stuff later on. Enjoy yourself with now and explore all life has to offer.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

8. zach macrumors 65816

zach

dag, mad jew, i missed that white text until i quoted you..
    but with all apologies to the fascinating practice of battery calibration, the most important thing to me is making a daily update of my LCD color calibration to make sure that the minutely changing distance of the sun from the earth, and the slight spectrum change of visible light that goes with it does not damage the integrity of my beautiful photoshopped iPod fakes.

look ma, i can do white too! but no, i really don't make iPod fakes... or do i.

9. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

To be successful. This is my definition of success:

"When I can sit down at the end of the day and be happy."

Thats all, simple but sensible.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

zach, clearly I haven't been living. I'll take your advice, thank you. :cool:

Ahh, I can't wait to calibrate again.

11. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Conduct yourself both personally and in the workplace in a manner that will leave those you interact with always remembering you in a favorable light. There is far too much negativity in the world ... if you do your best to help others, you will make inroads into improving the world.

Place a premium on honesty, appreciate humor for the gift it is, surround yourself with good music and friends that value you and, yes, do not set goals unrealistically high that you feel there is always something else you must have. Ambition and success are laudable, but neither are worth ruining your health over.

12. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

13. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Think I'll be the religious one here and say; "The most important thing in life is God."

14. zach macrumors 65816

zach

don't you love it?

15. DCapple macrumors regular

DCapple

for me the most important things are HONESTY which is very difficult to get now a days and my iPod nano!!:)

16. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Mine too. Isn't that a coincidence?

Seriously, I think it's hard to tell what's most important to yourself, if you haven't seen most of this planet.

Lot's of things out there, which I don't know about. Maybe if I have children I have my most important thing(s) in my life.

EDIT: just saw the white lettering, but I still would agree.

17. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Well, to state the obvious, I'd say that the most important things in life are the means to survive. Oxygen, sunlight, food, etc... that's all pretty important to me.

It's a tired notion, but I think that the most important thing in my (agnostic/borderline-atheistic) life is... death. It's a great motivational tool! I fear it to such a degree that it forces me to appreciate all that clichéd stuff - family, friends, knowledge, education, etc.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My girlfriend, or just being in a good solid relationship. sleeping around was never part of my plans. I just love to be with someone. The feeling of love is quite addictive I reckon.

Oh and to find a job where I get good satisfaction at the end of the day. which is why I don't want to get into graphics or design. I should have pursued to be a doctor :(

19. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

20. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

21. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Setting a good example for my children, in all things.

22. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

doing well in school and taking care of my patients

23. iGary Guest

iGary

Having an ample supply of pron for when that moment arrives.

Now, if you will excuse me.

24. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Found it, could not get what PRON was....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pron