Most insignificant glitch ever

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Toe, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

OK... this is really important!

Open Activity Monitor, and make sure you're on the CPU tab.

Look at the numbers in the lower-left. When they are greater than zero, they are US-formatted, with a dot as the decimal separator. But when they are zero, they are European-formatted, with a comma as the separator. Such as: 0,00

Isn't this a bug of legendary proportions? Does knowing this change your life? Do you think Windows users would ever have time (between fighting viruses, running updates, tracking down spyware, and recovering from crashes) or inclination to notice a bug as significant as this? When Microsoft says they fixed "tens of thousands of bugs" with every product they patch, do you think this is the sort of thing they are referring to?

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      5.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

And I thought Panther was a decent OS. Until now. Now... I can't even look at it. I can't wait until my Windows-using friends throw this one in my face. Pretty soon I'll read somewhere that Apple is so inept with numbers that even the Calculator makes dumb errors. ;)

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

What a strange glitch that's hardly likely to be noticed! If it bugs you, just let Apple know about it (http://www.apple.com/feedback/).

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

collapses, sobbing.

why... WHY... this bug is a dealbreaker...

paul

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

6. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

:D
    Combination of:
    1. Closely watching my CPU stats as I hammered my iMac G5 with a complex operation.
    and
    2. History of doing graphic arts work.
    :rolleyes:

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

lol they should put the poster's local time next to the post! i wondered why you were too tired cause it's 18:15 over here but then i realized it's what 00:15 over there for yall?

9. Dandaman macrumors 6502

slightly off topic, but i can't seem to open my activity monitor. I'll try to open it and it'll immediately close. anyone know what's wrong?

daniel

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This is the final nail in the coffin... Apple is dead.

11. 7on macrumors 601

7on

12. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

13. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Activity Monitor, you've let a lot of us down today.

*giggling*

Did anyone else notice that in the original post, the iMac was 0% nice? Does that mean it's 100% NAUGHTY?

*runs away giggling*

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

My iMac is mad as hell and is not gonna take it any more!!!

15. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have one that i found a while back that they still havent fixed (how slow are apple!).

if you have a bluetooth device, go to browse device then selece a phone etc.

there are four buttons at the bottom but if you hold your mouse over the last 2 the add new folder and the trash can you will see that the thing that comes up fir the trash can also says create new folder.

it really annoys me since i found that!

16. win_convert macrumors member

homerjward - I am the leader of my school's anarchy club as well. not that we believe in leaders. I suppose "instigator" is a more appropriate term.

17. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Toe

Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
    We're an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week....

:D

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Or more likely we wouldn't care. :p

At least you've explained where that trend is coming from, I've been seeing this all over the place on the boards and have a big o' WTF? light bulb appear over my head, At first I thought it was some new trend, Guess not, Those crazy. crazy. Europeans, ;)

19. Gambuchi macrumors member

Activity monitor gone...

After you click on it, do a command(apple) 1
    mine had me fooled too. :eek:

20. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

see, that's the thing--im not an anarchist, i'm a republican. i just like the irony in that statement lol :p you cant have an anarchy club. the prinicple says "no government" but a club (at least at my high school) must have officers or they're not a club...heck even our knitting club has a prez :rolleyes:/strange rant for the sake of humor but which could possibly be interpreted as rude...dont wanna get this moved to the pol thread...
    oh dear god! did someone w/ nothing to do sit down and write a script from the movie?! that's awesome. damn aim profile character limits. barely fits the "think different" add when i take out the bit about "we make tools for these people":rolleyes:
    i'm sorry to be __*WAY*__ off topic :eek:

21. Dandaman macrumors 6502

thanks for the response, but still no luck. activity monitor will not even completely open. it'll just bounce in the dock and disappear

:confused: :confused: :confused:

daniel

22. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Another minor glitch

Open a PDF file in preview. After the window opens but before the contents drawer slides out, go in to expose mode (F9).

23. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

...this one actually annoys me quite a bit. I work with a lot of pdfs and use expose a ton, and find I have these drawers spread all over the desktop

24. encro macrumors 6502

encro

If you have the Developer Tools installed you can fix this yourself using Interface Builder. Load up the Browse Device NIB file and modify the button's tooltip.

Of course it would be much better if Apple just fixed it proper though for a future release :)

PM me if you would like a repaired version.

25. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Damn, I don't get the bug! :mad: :D

my activity monitor shows all of them with , I wanted to see the . , thing :p