Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Hi, i am interested in transfering a couple songs i found on a website to iTunes. Never usng mp3's before, how would i do this, and how would i change to work with iTunes

also, how can i get album art for albums not featured in iTunes onto iTunes, is there a way?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The Toon Master said:
Hi, i am interested in transfering a couple songs i found on a website to iTunes. Never usng mp3's before, how would i do this, and how would i change to work with iTunes

You should be able to simply drag the MP3 files into the iTunes window, if the music library window is showing.

I find it helpful to drag files like that into the left-hand column so that a new playlist is created at the same time. That way, if the artist/album info needs to be added, I don't need to hunt through the library to find the pesky things.

also, how can i get album art for albums not featured in iTunes onto iTunes, is there a way?
If you have iTunes 7, ctrl-click (or right-click) on the track and try Get Album Artwork. This will work if the track is one that is also sold by iTunes.

If there is no suitable artwork at Apple, locate the artwork in Safari and drag it to the album cover box in iTunes (copy and paste would work too). Or, if you already have the image file, just drag it over.

[ edit: just wanted to add that while this stuff does turn out to be very easy, it does routinely come as a surprise to people new to Apple software. It can be unsettling if you're used to programs that make you work a little harder to get results! ]

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
iMeowbot said:
You should be able to simply drag the MP3 files into the iTunes window, if the music library window is showing.

I find it helpful to drag files like that into the left-hand column so that a new playlist is created at the same time. That way, if the artist/album info needs to be added, I don't need to hunt through the library to find the pesky things.

If you have iTunes 7, ctrl-click (or right-click) on the track and try Get Album Artwork. This will work if the track is one that is also sold by iTunes.

If there is no suitable artwork at Apple, locate the artwork in Safari and drag it to the album cover box in iTunes (copy and paste would work too). Or, if you already have the image file, just drag it over.

[ edit: just wanted to add that while this stuff does turn out to be very easy, it does routinely come as a surprise to people new to Apple software. It can be unsettling if you're used to programs that make you work a little harder to get results! ]

alright

thank you very much

edit: I cant seem to get the album artwork to iTunes(i have windows..)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.