Most platforms ever?

Discussion in 'Games' started by woxel1, May 8, 2006.

1. woxel1 macrumors member

I was just browsing the internet (as I am apt to do), when I stumbled upon this listing for an upcoming game:

Disney/Pixar Cars (PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA, PSP, DS, X360, Wii, PC, Mac)

Can anyone think of a single title that has launched on more platforms than this at once?

2. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

wow that's a pretty good catch! That is A LOT of systems for once launch, I am sure there are gonna be other games during this generation that will do that too.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Back in the Micro and mini computer days you'd get things like that.

Amiga, Spectrum, Commodore 64, Atari ST, NES, Master System, Gameboy, Game Gear, Coleco *perhaps?*, PC, Mac, probably some more too!

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That's pretty funny, but to be fair the GBA and DS games are probably completely different than the rest. All the others could be ports, but those two system are different enough they would have had to do something else for them.

5. Queso macrumors G4

I'm sure Lemmings probably had more when it was out, but I'm too busy today to look it up. And Elite defnitely had masses of platforms. That game was out for everything.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh hells yes. It's a shame they ported Lemmings to the PSP and not DS, considering the game is impossible to play without a mouse or touchscreen. I don't think anybody remembers Lemmings GB.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=lemmings&searchplatform=All+Platforms

3D0, Acorn, Amiga, Commodore 64, CDI, CPC, GB, GBC, Mega Drive, Gamegear, Lynx, Mac, Mobile, NES, PC, PS, PSP, Master System, Super Nintendo, TCD. Is it just me who feels it was out on more?

7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Sam Coupe was also an official release. There's also an official version for mobile phones available, and a new PS2 version coming later this year. Unofficial ports have brought it to several calculators, PDAs, and Linux.

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I was thinking that too! DS would be SO much better for Lemmings... I saw an ad for the PSP game and was thinking "If that was DS I would definitely get it, since it's on PSP with no touch screen.... No Way!"

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

And what about PS3? Does this point to a Wii release date around september/october??

10. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

King Kong had a lot to, PSP, XBOX, XBOX360, PS2, GAMECUBE, GBA, DS, PC, and i believe a ps3 version was announced

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's not coming on PS3 or Mobile :p