Most popular G3 iMac color?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Nancyboy 2000, Oct 9, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

I'd like to buy a used G3 iMac for a toddler. Specifically, I'd like to get a strawberry G3 iMac with a slot-loading DVD drive. Every time I look on eBay, though, I don't see very many strawberry iMacs of any kind, which made me wonder which color was the least popular. Seems to be a 3-way tie between orange, lime, and strawberry. I see a lot of grape and blueberry, though. I'm thinking of the 5 "flavored" iMacs, not graphite, snow, indigo, bondi, flower power, or blue dalmation.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about where to go to get one of these other than eBay, I'd like to hear it. I can't find them anywhere online or at authorized resellers. Small Dog is currently out of stock, too. I'm a little nervous about getting a Mac that old, but I'm willing to take my chances.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 65816

G5orbust

3. macrumors member

Mac Of All Trades has iMacs listed under "Older Macs" - the stock changes sometimes daily.

Right now (Fri) they have Lime and Grape, but who knows what they'll have Monday?

4. macrumors 68000

latergator116

I was just going to say Mac of All Trades. they also seem to have the best prices

5. macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Orange is definitely the least popular, I think any form of blue is the most

6. macrumors 65816

benixau

you know they actually (at least in OZ) had standard discounting on the tangerine iMacs. This would explain why alot of schools that have (or had :() macs had a fair few more of this type than any other.

7. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Re: Most popular G3 iMac color?

They never made a strawberry slot loading iMac.
    They did make a Ruby slot loading iMac! look for that.

8. macrumors member

what world are you guys in! here near houston Tangerine is the most popular by far, and Lime is teh least

9. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I thought the ugly tray laoding grape imac was ugly...oh yeah who can forget dalmation and flower power

10. macrumors 601

stoid

Of course Orange is popular in Texas, isn't the main color of like half of your sports teams orange?

11. macrumors member

12. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Tangerine rulez!

I still love the tangerine. It was the far most coolest color ever! My brother still has a tangerine ibook and every time I see that thing I fall in love with it!

13. macrumors 6502a

simX

Re: Re: Most popular G3 iMac color?

Sure they did. http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=imacdv

The new set of colors (sage, indigo, snow, ruby) came later. But there definitely was a set of slot-loading iMacs that came in the original 5 colors.

14. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

all the colors were really cool, the wife has a blue 500 so iam biased, but i was thinking orange when the originals came out but ended up with bondi blue( almost green bluue)333. that was my first imac and think apple should bring back some limited run color emacs- say red,white and blue. dont force qty on retailers apple just sell the colors ordered hello.

15. macrumors member

16. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Imac, several colors, rev. A, for only 250 Euro's, In the Netherland!

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting one for my kitchen, a nice tangerine one. A database with recipies and it's a cool cookbook!

17. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Imac, several colors, rev. A, for only 250 Euro's, In the Netherlands!

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting one for my kitchen, a nice tangerine one. A database with recipies and it's a cool cookbook!