Most premature baby set for home

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BoyBach, Feb 20, 2007.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

This is extraordinary.

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

That's a big baby!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

did the babie come out of it functioning normally? a lot of the time, premature babies end up with some major problems, some of which can arguably make the persons life worse than death.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I was thinking the same thing. What does "excellent condition" mean in terms of a premie? Maybe the baby will live, but will the baby live a life of poor health?

6. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

This is great news for the modern woman whose career simply does not allow the time for full pregnancy.

7. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Wow... when she was born she was even bigger than my daughter (who is, thankfully, still in the womb)

Kinda neat to see, now I know what she looks like in there.

Heh your avatar is so perfect... :)

8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Wow, that's a tiny baby!

And Allotriophagy, you always have the right thing to say ;)

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

Wow. That's gotta be tough. My son came out with some minor respiratory problems, and he was born at almost exactly 40 wks (39w 6d). He spent about 20 hours in NICU, and that was hard for us. But looking around at some of the other babies that were in there, our son looked great by comparison. I can't imagine how it felt for this family, but I'm certainly glad that things are looking good.

10. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I have good friends who just had twins in November. One 24 weeks gestational and the other 25 (if I remember correctly). This is not something I would wish on anyone. It has been extremely difficult for them as there were many many complications that the twins had to overcome. Unfortunately, their son, the younger of the two did not make it. It is very hard to imagine going through losing a child, let alone that early in life. On the bright side of the story their daughter is doing very well now and they are talking about bringing her home soon.
    Modern medicine can produce miracles, but IMO, many other factors including luck and postitive thought (for those of you who are religious please include prayer) play a role.

Here is to hoping that this baby can grow up to lead a happy and normal life despite the early challenges she has faced.