Most prized posession

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mfacey, Dec 9, 2005.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

What's your most prized possesion?

I was just thinking about this (whilst I was supposed to be studying for my upcoming exams). I think my Powerbook is probably #1. However, about 6 months ago I purchased a Pioneer 160GB HDD/DVD recorder, which is one of the most brilliant machines I've ever owned. I guess its similar to the Tivo service the people in the US get, but its free. The tv-listing guide (guide-plus) is very good and useful and the interface is excellent.
    Best large purchase I've made in a long time (besides the powerbook then).

Its a kind of materialistic topic, I admit. But that can be fun every now and then too! :D
    So what do you guys like most?

2. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

ill prolly go with my relationship with my girlfriend and my family at the top. then prolly my powerbook (it has my past 2 years worth of life on it) and then my ipod.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

"Imagine no posessions...."

J Lennon

1940 - 1980 RIP

4. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Couldn't agree with you more on the family/friends point. I think if that isn't #1 for everybody you need to step away from the computer and start meeting some people :rolleyes:

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I don't really think of friends as family as possessions, per se. Are you asking what is most important to us in general, or do you mean actual literal possessions? If it is the first one then I would most certainly say family and friends, but for actual possessions I would have to say my two Powerbooks and my flute.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

He's talking material posessions. No family and mushy stuff in here.

My computer setup is my most prized posession and them my cameras and gear.

I spend half my life on this thing and the other half behind those other things I mentioned. I better like them.

I'm THANKFUL for my family, I don't own them, though. ;)

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

well shoot... i can't gush about macrumors then...;) :cool:

i have a few mechanical watches that i'm extremely fond of, i suppose those are my most prized posessions

8. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I agree that relationships are more valuable than anythign material....but since mfacey described this as a material issue - I will stick with that-

prized posessions for me are those things that I hold dear and could not replace if my place caught fire- family photos, hand made gifts, etc.

Now - since I keep all of my photos on my mac- there is a tie in. But the machine itself can be replaced. The content is precious to me!

9. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

He did say "possession" in the thread title, so unless you actually own your parents, siblings, significant other... you're in trouble. ;)

For me, I'd have to say my computers. I don't think a day goes by that I don't use it to 1) work, 2) keep in contact with family, 3) keep in contact with friends, 4) learn something new everyday, 5) have fun.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Either my computers or my 18" Rei Ayanami Statue ^_^

that is for material goods.

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

12. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I hate to say it but it is my PB

Just because it has everything that I have worked on and I have not backed-up anything this Fall.

13. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

For me it would have to be my iBook G4. 2 weeks ive had it and I cant imgine how lost I would be without it. In second would have to be my car.

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

My wedding ring, because of what it symbolizes, its completely unique design, and because it's damn expensive. ;) :cool:

After that, my most prized possession would probably be my home. :cool:

15. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Everything I own. And it's not from a materialistic point of view. Everything I have, I have because I worked my ass off for it, and I view stealing any of it punishable by death. If someone ever breaks in, and I'm home, I'll kill em, no 2nd chances. If they try to run, I'll shoot him in the ass, then drag him back into my place and pistol whip him to death. If you can't work for what you want, then you do not deserve it. Okay, I'm done now.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

My Life......i dont care much for material things but i do protect things i work hard for.....so its everything i own.

Bless

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I was going to say my mind, but it's been gone for years.

It would have to be of all the strange things, an o-sake set given to me by my biological mother, as well as the name (with its message) she gave to me.

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Do my cats count? :p I do 'own' them...

Hmm, probably my 2004 MINI cooper S. I dreamt of it for years and worked and saved up to help pay for it. Plus, it's the only manual car in my household. :p Nobody else can drive it. :D

19. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

If we're talking material items, then my most prized possession is the engagement ring I have bought for my girlfriend (not proposed yet, so until I do, the ring is technically mine :D ) - both for what it is and for what it symbolises.

Also, my Mac is pretty damn important to me. At the time, it was the most expensive thing I had ever bought (now overtaken by ring :eek:) but equally it has been worth every penny.

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^^congrats dude.....dont hold off too long now....she might get tired and i'll have to play Good cop on you....just kiddin:p

Bless

21. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Hey, I paid good money for her so she counts as a "possession" in my book... ;)

Seriously though, I'd probably going to have to say my Power Mac. Nowhere near as important to me as my close ones of course, but I certainly wouldn't consider them possessions in any sense of the word.

22. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Thanks :). Was a big decision but definitely the right one. Just a matter of working out when, where and how. More expense, no doubt. :D

23. Frank (Atlanta) macrumors regular

OK, I'll bite:

• Mushy response: my family is my most important "possession"
    • Sentimental/material response: photos of my son
    • Unabashed materialistic response: my Porsche

Frank

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My car is my most important possession. I can't imagine getting around without it. I would fee tied down.

Second is my PB, as I have everything important on it, and I use it not only for (Uni) work every day, but for "entertainment" as well. I'm talking about music and surfing the web. I don't watch TV, so my PB provides lots of entertainment.