Most reliable wireless router (under $150)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by g3ski, Nov 17, 2006.

1. g3ski macrumors member

Jun 18, 2002
    What routers do you recommend for reliability and stability? For use on a home network or small office/workgroup.

Wired+Wireless (B+G). $150 or less. WPA2 would be nice. Uptime is the most important factor. Other features a bonus.

What wireless router do you use?
    Is it reliable?
    Does it need to be rebooted often?
    Does it drop connections?
    Do you get decent range?

2. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    i just got the belkin N1 which is pre-n with mimo, it's a very nice router from best buy at $129.99. I convinced them to sell for $129.99 earlier this week because circuit city was selling for that price.

Heres the link

the price of 149.99 is crossed out and when you add it to cart it changes to 129.99.

Yes i do get great range just as the product claims, and it also looks very cool(to me)
    I've only rebooted once(to update the firmware) and it never drops connections. All wireless g products i have in my house and even when outside are connected at 54.0 mbps which is the highest wireless g can transfer. It will most likely run much faster with pre-n products.

Free shipping on this order too.
  3. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Jun 4, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    My free CompUSA wireless-G router has been working fine since I picked it up last Black Friday. My home has about 4-5 computers regularly connecting to it.

Never drops out. Range is well beyond my house (i'd say around 100 ft. -- i can sit in my car in the street and pick up a weak signal). I don't remember the last time I rebooted. Signal crapping out always = cable modem's fault (which is hardly ever).