Most reliable wireless router (under $150)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by g3ski, Nov 17, 2006.

1. g3ski macrumors member

What routers do you recommend for reliability and stability? For use on a home network or small office/workgroup.

Wired+Wireless (B+G). $150 or less. WPA2 would be nice. Uptime is the most important factor. Other features a bonus.

What wireless router do you use?
    Is it reliable?
    Does it need to be rebooted often?
    Does it drop connections?
    Do you get decent range?

Thanks,
    -J

2. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

i just got the belkin N1 which is pre-n with mimo, it's a very nice router from best buy at $129.99. I convinced them to sell for $129.99 earlier this week because circuit city was selling for that price.

Heres the link http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belk...53514/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

the price of 149.99 is crossed out and when you add it to cart it changes to 129.99.

Yes i do get great range just as the product claims, and it also looks very cool(to me)
    I've only rebooted once(to update the firmware) and it never drops connections. All wireless g products i have in my house and even when outside are connected at 54.0 mbps which is the highest wireless g can transfer. It will most likely run much faster with pre-n products.

Free shipping on this order too.

3. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

My free CompUSA wireless-G router has been working fine since I picked it up last Black Friday. My home has about 4-5 computers regularly connecting to it.

Never drops out. Range is well beyond my house (i'd say around 100 ft. -- i can sit in my car in the street and pick up a weak signal). I don't remember the last time I rebooted. Signal crapping out always = cable modem's fault (which is hardly ever).