Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarialkhalili

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Washington, DC
It all started yesterday March 24th. I tried to watch my show on the History Channel app, but I got this message: 'This app is currently unavailable'. Then I tried other apps like A&E and Lifetime.. same result.

What's going on? Have all the root urls changed yet the apps are still not updated?!

Reactions: nkawal

jwdsail

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
Question - Have you both updated to the most recent tvOS? Ever since I applied the update, video is a stuttering/buffering mess. I tried watching the WRC Mexico recap show in the RedBullTV app, gave up after 3 attempts that involved the video starting then buffering so long the screensaver came on. The entire Netflix app running slow as well. AppleTV is acting like it's on DSL or dial-up!

Doesn't seem network related, all other devices load video and other data smoothly...

Restarted the AppleTV a few times, cycled the modem and router... No joy..

sarialkhalili

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Washington, DC
Question - Have you both updated to the most recent tvOS? Ever since I applied the update, video is a stuttering/buffering mess. I tried watching the WRC Mexico recap show in the RedBullTV app, gave up after 3 attempts that involved the video starting then buffering so long the screensaver came on. The entire Netflix app running slow as well. AppleTV is acting like it's on DSL or dial-up!

Doesn't seem network related, all other devices load video and other data smoothly...

Restarted the AppleTV a few times, cycled the modem and router... No joy..

Yes, I do have the most recent tvOS. It's a big mess. Here are the main problems I have with the new update:

1- About 3 seconds of silence when I start streaming.
2- TV apps aren't working properly (e.g. History, A&E and Lifetime).
3- Missing album folders on iCloud Photo Library.

Make sure to send your feedback to Apple!

Reactions: jwdsail

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Are you using a geo unblocker like unotelly or unblock-us? I have been having problems with unotelly recently, not being able to access netflix or some other streaming services. Setting my DNS settings back to Automatic fixed the issue for me.

sarialkhalili

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Washington, DC
Are you using a geo unblocker like unotelly or unblock-us? I have been having problems with unotelly recently, not being able to access netflix or some other streaming services. Setting my DNS settings back to Automatic fixed the issue for me.

Nope. I'm not using any geo unblocker. My DNS is always set on auto.

mg6035

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2015
Anything new on this? It seems to be at random. I was watching a show on A&E with no problems. When it was over and I went back it says this app is currently unavailable try again later. I had checked the History channel earlier and no problems. I checked it just now and it says app not available. What is going on? I have changed nothing. I am using no unblockers and I'm signed in with direct tv. Its frustrating.

sarialkhalili

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Washington, DC
Anything new on this? It seems to be at random. I was watching a show on A&E with no problems. When it was over and I went back it says this app is currently unavailable try again later. I had checked the History channel earlier and no problems. I checked it just now and it says app not available. What is going on? I have changed nothing. I am using no unblockers and I'm signed in with direct tv. Its frustrating.

Same here. I think it's the new tvOS. Apple should release an update soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.