Mother Jailed for Slapping Principal

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sun Baked, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sun Baked, Sep 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013

Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

D*** J*** Mugshot

In Custody For:

001 FELONY COUNT OF AGG ASLT-SCHOOL EMPLOYEE
    001 FELONY COUNT OF INTRFR W/EDUC INST-THREAT INJ

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Good. This lady and her daughter should learn that violence is not the answer to lifes problems.

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    buy a FELONY?

i think that is a bit harsh. she loses many, many rights for just slapping someone.

Felony is too strong a word for this.

5. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That was my thought, way too harsh a penalty for the indignity of being slapped by a student's mother.

Maybe if she had kneed him in the crotch hard enough to destroy something, and followed up with a combination of jabs and punches that shattered his jaw and broke his nose.

But a slap?

Not to mention the expense the county is going to incur in prosecuting the case, and the day of "student counseling."

It could have -- and should have -- been handled better by the principal, and school security.

The principal initiates the confrontation, then just has the woman tossed in jail. :rolleyes:

That's almost as bad as letting Enron sue the companies, brokers, bankers, creditors, etc. for letting them pull off the massive fraud in the first place.

6. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I agree that it should be a class A misdemeanor, but I fail to see how the situation was mishandled by the principal (who I believe is a woman). The student was regularly tardy and the principal saw fit to ask her mother about it. Mother gets angry and slaps the principal. I don't see how that indicates misconduct on Matt's account.

It's nice to see the faculty stick it to the parents for a change though.

7. Sun Baked thread starter macrumors G5

Sun Baked

>Daveman Deluxe

Yes it was a woman to woman catfight (read it a couple times, and still messed up the sentence.), but somebody crushing your testes and breaking your face is definitely a felony. This was a slap and a shove.

There was a heated argument that the principal initiated, and the parent left agitated and angry.

And the principal failed to let security or another school employee handle the returning parent, bad move.

It could have been prevented, or delt with better by both parties.

But it is interesting to see the new training for dealing with agitated parents in action, take effect.

---

Even I learned (in the fast food years), the last person you want dealing with an angry agitated customer. Is the idiot who pissed them off in the first place.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So let her plea bargain down to misdemenor assault. Save the state the cost of trying her.

If you swing first, be prepared for felonious assault. Violence is not acceptable.

9. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Welcome to the post columbine world. I think we are going to see more things like this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.