Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scartier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Mountain View, CA
I just released a free version of my iPad board game, Mother Lode. Since I seem to have neglected to post here about it when it first came out, here's the full info from the app description. I'm the (sole) developer. Let me know any questions you might have about the game. I hope you enjoy it!

A space-themed strategy board game for the whole family. Players control miners on a dying planet and compete to escape with the most ore. Inspired by board games of old, Mother Lode provides many new twists to keep you on the edge of your seat until the final score is revealed.

Do you keep your miners on the planet to boost your score, or just cut and run? Will you use your actions to help yourself or to hinder your opponents?

Mother Lode introduces a unique system for viewing player-specific information. Look at sensitive info in real-time while other players are taking their actions - all without anyone else peeking.

* Free version supports two players human versus computer
* Each planet tile reveals one of 14 possible actions
* Strategic thinking and adaptability required to maximize your score
* Opponent miner values are hidden until the end of the game
* Three creature types are out to thwart you
* High resolution graphics enabled by the new iPad
* Fly escape pods, create wormholes, mine the planet, and escape before the planet explodes!

Upgrade to the full version via in-app purchase to gain the following benefits:
* Play with a full four players, with any combination of human or computer
* Stay up to date with all gameplay enhancements - the free version will always only contain the base rule set
* Get a warm fuzzy from supporting the developer (I'd really appreciate it)

Mother Lode in iTunes: Paid/Free

Game website:
http://oomgames.com/mother-lode/

Trailer:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.