Mother Who Tossed Newborn From Car Traced

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Feb 11, 2005.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A good samaritan thought a dog had been thrown out of a car. She stopped and noticed movement, but to her surprise it was a baby. The baby only received minor injuries.

2. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

I can't wait to hear this woman's story. What posible "reason" could this person have for tossing her newborn baby out of a moving car? Thank God that other lady stopped.

3. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that the times that a dog has been thrown out of a car is a heinous crime. This act is an unspeakable act. No matter what her story turns out to be, she has no excuse. Although I imagine that Post Partum depression will be used. Most states now have laws that a newborn can be dropped off at a police station, fire station, church, or hospital with no questions ask. There is no reason that she couldn't have done this, throwing the baby out of the car took effort and thinking on her part also.

My prayers are with the baby. Hope that baby boy will be OK, at least he don't realize what actually happened for quite some time. :(

This makes me feel so much better for the sake of the baby.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4188121/detail.html

4. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Hmm

I read earlier that the woman who picked up the baby saw a man and woman arguing in the car as it drove away. Perhaps the man threw the baby, forced the woman to do it, or some other horrid thing like that.

No matter what the reason, this just proves that the world has a lot of f**cked up people.

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

UPDATE: Baby was not thrown from car, it was a story made up by the lady who said she had rescued the baby! She didn't want her family to know about it. So the baby was not thrown out of the car, it was a story made up by the lady saying she found the baby. The baby was the lady's that "found" it.

edit: not really a good samaritan now. But was wanting the baby to have a good home. Puzzling that such an elaborate story was made up, because florida law allows babies up to 3 days old to be taken and given up at a hospital no questions asked.

CNN story

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wasn't there a story about a woman who said she saw someone throwing puppies from a car and it turned out to be a lie as well?

Weirdness.....

I hope the baby does well and the mother gets some treatment.

D

7. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

This woman is obviously not mentally competent to bring up this or any other child.

So either way, at least now the little guy has a chance to be brought up in a loving home.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

WTF??? All she had to do was exactly what she did without the lie.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Unfortunately, even with the law, stupid incidents happen.

I've seen several on the news in the past three years. It's sad.

10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

A local kid on the news said he saw and heard the two people arguing in the car. Now we know that there's no mystery car, so WTF did he see? :confused: Maybe that punk was lying to get his face on TV.