Motion Graphics (TV Show Open) Feedback

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hotwire132002, May 8, 2006.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

This is an open I threw together for one of the shows at the public access station I work for. The show is called "The Source;" it's a talk show featuring local businesspeople.

Bill Barnett, one of the co-hosts of the show, gave me a photo of his eye and told me to integrate it into the theme (it's supposed to be artzy or something, I guess :confused: ) -- just to explain that bit ;)

In any case -- I threw this together in Cinema 4D in a couple hours. I'm just curious to see what people think of it.

http://freelancerproductions.com/source.htm

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Nice, the eye is a bit freaky, but lighten up the names, or give them some kind of light colored outline or drop shadow. It's tough to see against the dark backdrop.

3. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Yeah, I agree the names should be brightened up a bit. I'll tweak that tomorrow before I show Bill the final cut.

And yes -- the eye is a bit freaky. But Bill wants in in there, and it's not my show. ;) I tottally agree though -- my mom literally jumped when I first showed her the open! :D

4. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I agree with both of you, lighten the names. While it does look creepy with the zoomed in iris, you could maybe do an eye that looks more relaxed. Whoever's eye that is seems to be deliberately widening it, which makes it scary.

Overall, nice work.