Motion Personal Learning Edition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdpfilms, Aug 26, 2004.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

So I was cruising around yesterday on Macupdate.com, and found a PLE version of Maya. Awesome, right? Right! It's fully functional, compatible, and best of all, FREE! However, when one renders, MAYA PLE is etched all over the image. I guess it's a good way to prevent commercial use. So why doesn't Apple do this? Their description of Motion is kinda vague... makes it sound like a weak Maya with LiveType thrown in. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to test it out, non-commercially? In a FREE PLE version? I'm sure it would increase sales, as well as allow us Apple software fanatics to subdue our urges until we can afford to buy it. Anybody know how to start a petition or make a strong suggestion to Apple?
    Let's get on it!
    -klon

2. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Ive downloaded this myself just to tinker around with, and think itt was a great ideal..

I would really like to see apple do something like this with Motion because im not going to be able to afford to just throw down the money to buy it just too see what the deal is with it. This is a great business model and i totaly give kudos to Alias

3. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

While I'm always in favor of the try-it-before-you-buy-it model, Apple has at least three Quicktime video's which show Motion, it's uses and capabilities. Watching these should clear up any questions about what it's supposed to do.

That said, there's nothing like getting in the driver's seat with a piece of software.

4. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

True. I've seen the vids, but i still want so badly to get my hands on a working copy! I bet you could do some cool stuff with dvd menus.