Motion won't start

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghall, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I went to use Motion today, I clicked on the little dock icon, and, boom, nothing happened. The icon did a pathetic little bounce, and then nothing. Every other program in Final Cut Studio works, but Motion just can't seem to bring itself to start up. So, here I have the crash log incase it helps. It seems like I'm missing a file, but I reinstalled Motion (twice), and I still get the same thing.

Host Name: Graham-Halls-MacBook-Pro
    Date/Time: 2006-11-09 12:08:11.381 -0500
    OS Version: 10.4.8 (Build 8L2127)
    Report Version: 4

Command: Motion
    Path: /Applications/Motion.app/Contents/MacOS/Motion
    Parent: WindowServer [84]

Version: 2.1 (2.1)

PID: 5512
    Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Helium.framework/Versions/A/Helium
    Referenced from: /Applications/Motion.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Ozone.framework/Versions/A/Ozone
    Reason: image not found

2. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Does anybody know? This is kind of a urgent issue, since my current project requires Motion.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. scienceguy macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my MacBook Pro, and just solved it. It looks like on the MacBook Pro machines, Final Cut Studio doesn't install the Helium.framework. I have no idea why.

What you need to do is download the latest Pro Applications Update (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/proapplicationsupdate200602.html), and use the "Show Package Contents" command in the finder to get at the Helium Framework Installer. From there I used Pacifist (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812) to install the Helium.framework folder in the System/Library/PrivateFrameworks folder.

Motions starts normally now.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193