Motley Fool Article on Wii PS3 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by Garand, Nov 14, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I really doubt Sony will have any problem re-conquering the market, they got games that have had a following since PS1, like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid, Microsoft have done well, but they will always be number 2, I myself plan on getting the Wii on launch, I really hope standing in line 2 hours before the store opens is good enough. But by this time next year, I hope to get a PS3, once the real exclusive games start coming out. :D

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Exclusivisity is more or less down to 1st and 2nd party games. If 3rd party support claims exclusive then it is only for a brief time (6months to a 1 year). Software companies need to make money and they need to hit every possible disk drive no matter who they are. Hell there has been recent speculation that Metal Gear may in fact come to the 360 as well and IF thats happens thats a big blow. GT is being done by a sony owned studio ithink so that is safe. If there is bugginess with the hardware like last year i think there will be less tolerance because of the extra time taken to produce the console, inclusion of new unproven technologies, and finally PRICE. The big box retailers are doing the same thing they did last year and forcing people to buy elborate package deals in which 90% is a waste and will end up in the used pile at your nearby EB/gamestop