Motorola Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by john.gotmods, Jan 15, 2007.

1. john.gotmods macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2007
    45 mins north west or detroit
    I'm having the most difficult time using this product. I thought that Mac's were just plug and play so i purchased a Motorola Bluetooth Headset and a transmitter (usb) since my laptop is too old to have had this capability built in. It says right on the packaging that it is Mac compatible. For the life of me I can't get the thing to work. I've ask Mac techs for advice and they tell me that i should go to Motorola's support site for a some kind of download or to Mac's download pages and search for my answer and I have over and over again thinking that I might have missed it somehow. Mind you that before I attempted this search I did think to myself that everthing that I've ever bought for my Mac has been plug and play. But I did so anyway just to cover all my bases. Does anyone have an answer for me? And is Motorola obligated to provide the software if they say it's Mac compatible? I know what some of you might be thinking..... maybe it's broken right out of the box. I tried it on my PC and it works great but since I travel for work and this product is so packable and built like a tank, that's the reason why I bought it in the first place. HELP!!!:(
  2. brando06 macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2007
    What exactly are you trying to get it to do>>???
  3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    What transmitter are you using, Dlink bt adaptor
  4. savar macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2003
    District of Columbia
    It depends how you're trying to use it. I think most computer adapters don't support the audio profile for Bluetooth, which means you wouldn't be able to use it as a headphone.

The only use AFAIK is to transfer files between a wireless device and to use your cell phone as a modem -- IF your carrier has unlocked your phone or you have the right data plan.
  5. john.gotmods thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2007
    45 mins north west or detroit
    i apologize......

for abandoning this thread. I fixed the problem but had to go to the extreme to do it. I bought a new MacBook and IMac. I hope this answers all of you questions but it was a G4 PowerBook and the bluetooth headset and dongle were from the same manufacturer (Motorola). Very few people are buying this item to be honest because it is expensive. Somewhere around $275.00. But since I hate wires, it was a beautiful pc and it can pack for trips without any worries that it will break on your trip I bought it anyway. As far as the question " what are you trying to get it to do? " The answer to that is so obvious that I may have missed the point as well. I'm trying to get it to WORK. It's suppose to play music and or answer calls. When a call comes in on my phone it's suppose to beep to let me know someone is on the phone and then I would press the button on the right side of the unit to go to the phone. When the call is done it goes back to Itunes. None of that was happening and the pc turned into the most expensive bluetooth phone headset ever. The problem now is that I've got the headset to work, and beautifully I might add, but I want to use two of them at the same time so my young boys can watch a movie on the IMac and not bother me while I watch the game on the T.V.. The problem with that is that bluetooth bandwidth is just barely ready for streaming music. If my IMac is using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard there's not enough band width to get uninterrupted music. So I have to shut down the keyboard to get my bluetooth speakers or headset to work properly. To get two headsets to work at the same time....HA......NOT!!!!! Does anyone know how to boost the power of bluetooth. Apparently I am wanting the future of electronics to happen too fast. lol:cool:
  6. brop52 macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2007
    You are using Leopard correct? Tiger doesn't support bluetooth audio devices.
  7. ergomoto macrumors newbie

May 22, 2008
    Blue Tooth (Inaudible) Blues

Ah Hah -I've been having the same difficulty with the Moto S9 Head Set, expecting the same setup with phone/commuter and iTunes -but with the head set as the sole Blue Tooth devise. Motorola has been no help what so ever with explaining the "Device does not have the necessary services." under Browse [Blue Tooth] devises in OS X 10.4.11 -except to say that the headsets profile was A2DP(?).

I'm rereading all of your previous entries to get up to tech speed here, but I agree, what ever happened to Plug-n-Play? I'm currently trying to follow up on this suggested "profile" issue and find out were to get that Blue Tooth info oregarding my PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.4.11