Motorola Droid DNA

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by michaeljohn, Nov 10, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Oct 27, 2012
    I am quite pleased with my iPhone 5 but I do miss the larger screen of the Android phones I have had in the past. Pretty much decided against the Note 2 as its a bit too big and I really dislike the Amoled screens. The Droid DNA looks like a beast of a device if it comes as rumored! I would buy this in an instant.

5 inch 1080p LCD 3 display at 440ppi
    Snapdragon S4 quadcore processor
    2GB RAM
    8 or 12MP camera
    Android 4.1 Jellybean

Yes please!
  2. macrumors 68000

Mar 21, 2003
    I guess you haven't really been following this device over the last few months. First off, it is an HTC phone not a Motorola, and the Verizon variant will have an 8MP camera ( according to the FCC documentation). It is expected that this will launch at the Verizon/HTC event scheduled for the 13th.

You are right though. This is a beast of a phone. It all comes down to the battery life though. The Japanese variant (HTC Butterfly J) only has a 2020mAh battery which would likely not last a full day for me. If the rumor of a 2500 mAh battery is true, this could be my next phone. I am also excited about the new Windows Phones coming out through the rest of the year, but I need to play with them to see if they will meet my needs.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 27, 2012
    You are correct, thanks. Battery isn't a huge concern for me as you can always get a larger one 3rd party and I work at my home so I am always around somewhere to charge.
  4. macrumors 65816

Oct 3, 2007
    This phone does sound amazing. I can't wait to lay eyes on that screen. If it wasn't for that pesky sense UI....

You won't be a to get a larger one for this phone. The battery is sealed from what we know so far.
  5. 3bs
    macrumors 603

May 20, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Isn't the battery on it not replacable?
  6. macrumors 68000

Mar 21, 2003
    Correct. The battery is non-removable. This is the main reason for my concern.