Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiger3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I'm wanting to transfer some songs over to my Motorola E815 and of course the software that came with is Windows Only, is ther anyway I can transfer songs over to it with iTunes or anything like that. I'm using a G3 Imac, No Bluetooth, 600 MHZ, OS 10.3.9, I do have access to a PC and tried transferring music without any luck there either, so if I can't do it through my computer can anyone help me with this instead.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Who's your provider? If it's Verizon, you're locked into using their software to transfer files, which means the only thing you can do with an e815 is sync your calendar and contacts using BT and iSync on OS X. I've never tried this with a BT dongle, which you'd probably get for your system, but it might work.

Also, if you've got Verizon and you are using their software on a Windows PC, AFAIK you still can't move stuff directly to the phone, you'll need a TransFlash card in your phone to hold it.

Hope some of this helps...

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
FoxyKaye said:
Who's your provider? If it's Verizon, you're locked into using their software to transfer files, which means the only thing you can do with an e815 is sync your calendar and contacts using BT and iSync on OS X. I've never tried this with a BT dongle, which you'd probably get for your system, but it might work.

Also, if you've got Verizon and you are using their software on a Windows PC, AFAIK you still can't move stuff directly to the phone, you'll need a TransFlash card in your phone to hold it.

Hope some of this helps...

This is half correct. There's a way to hack the phone to enable full bluetooth access. Though you'll probably need a PC to do it, and a data cable. Google for it.

qtip919

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
go to howardforums.com and find the carrier discussion, and do some searches on E815 and Mac OS X.

good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.