Motorola E815 and OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tiger3000, Jul 21, 2006.

1. tiger3000 macrumors newbie

I'm wanting to transfer some songs over to my Motorola E815 and of course the software that came with is Windows Only, is ther anyway I can transfer songs over to it with iTunes or anything like that. I'm using a G3 iMac, No Bluetooth, 600 MHZ, OS 10.3.9, I do have access to a PC and tried transferring music without any luck there either, so if I can't do it through my computer can anyone help me with this instead.

2. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Who's your provider? If it's Verizon, you're locked into using their software to transfer files, which means the only thing you can do with an e815 is sync your calendar and contacts using BT and iSync on OS X. I've never tried this with a BT dongle, which you'd probably get for your system, but it might work.

Also, if you've got Verizon and you are using their software on a Windows PC, AFAIK you still can't move stuff directly to the phone, you'll need a TransFlash card in your phone to hold it.

Hope some of this helps...

3. JonD25 macrumors 6502

This is half correct. There's a way to hack the phone to enable full bluetooth access. Though you'll probably need a PC to do it, and a data cable. Google for it.

4. qtip919 macrumors 6502

go to howardforums.com and find the carrier discussion, and do some searches on E815 and Mac OS X.

good luck!