Motorola E815

Discussion in 'Community' started by puckhead193, Aug 7, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Anyone have this phone? I just wanted to opinions about this phone compared to the LG 8100. Hows the battery life? how do you find the size/weight of it? in the store it looks/feels big. Was it hard to connect/setup with isync?
    Also i had a question about the transflash card. If I were to buy one and put a mp3 ring tone/midi that i made (or a graphic) could it be used? Do i need to copy it to the phone or can i leave it on the transflash card. (I don't feel like doing any editing to the phone)
    Thanks

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I have the V710, the earlier version of the E815.

The only things the E815 has that the V710 doesn't is EV-DO network, VCast, and 1000 contacts vs. 500. And the E815 is silver, V710 is black (faceplate, silver sides...)

Its good size, battery life is about 2 days without use. It looks big at first, but honestly, its a great size. All my friends are jealous that its better but smaller than theirs. (Height its kinda tall, but its really thin compared to most phones). Weight is average.

For MP3s, just put it on the TF card. To set it as a ringtone, you need to make a 28 seconds MIDI file, send it to the TF card, send a PIX message to 222-222-2222, attatch the file, since the number is fake it wont send, check the outbox, save the attatchment to the phone, click Apply As>Ringtone, and your done. Thats only for MP3s. All other files transfer flawlessly between the phone and TF card.

On the V710, Verizon did not include OBEX. On the E815, its supposedly there, and unlockable. With iSync, the E815 should sync 100%. The V710 won't without hacks...

The only thing is the volume is kinda low for a phone. Thats the only flaw.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Can garage band make/save it as a midi file if i just drag and drop it. I can edit the file but when saving it it doesn't give me an option to save it as a midi.... :confused: ( i never even opened up garage band until today lol)

4. joemama macrumors 6502

So I am just about to sign up with Verizon - I was goign to get the V710 because it was Bluetooth compatible (and iSync with a hack, so i heard). It sounds like I should just get the E815 instead, what do you think? I guess only a few phones are isync-able and this is one? How is the speakerphone?

thanks

5. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

did you get the E815? How do you like it? Did Dotdotdot "suggestion" work?

6. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I've been putting off getting the Mot. e815. I heard on howard forums that verizon is coming out with the razr. Should i wait for the razr or should i get the e815?
    thanks for your input