Motorola KRZR K1, K1m, MOTOMAXX, RIZR Z3 announced

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrianSalts, Jul 24, 2006.

1. BrianSalts macrumors regular

[​IMG]

All the newly announced motorola phones: What you need to know (includes pictures and list of important features):
    http://www.spheredesigns.net/blog/?p=245

Knock yourself out. I will be continually updating my post with more info as it arises.

Just thought you guys would like to know, since you guys live on these forums :p

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

The touch sensitive buttons on the lower portion of it look stolen off the LG chocolate. I'm really tired of this razr krzr slvr pebl wtf bs.

I really wish Motorola would work on getting the functionality of their phones, like thier sluggish menus right before they played with the hardware design. How many more re-hashes of the same crap are we going to see?

3. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I like the phones, but man these names for their phones are horrible. Other than that though they look pretty sweet. I personally, like that slider one the best.

Anyway, why does it seem like they are all down-graded for the US? Also, why are most of the Moto phones camera's stuck at 1.3 MegaPixels? My Samsung had, i think, a 2.x something.

That's just my 2 cents...

ryan

4. iShane macrumors 6502a

My same feelings/ideas on the phones exactly. I'm really not a fan of them at all. Too crazy. I mean RAZR and even SLVR were okay. But RIZR Z3? Come on.

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I want the RIZR really bad. However, I just signed a contract with Cingular (two year) and got a RAZR for $10. I wish I had waited... any ideas on how to get a new phone like that cheap? I was thinking ebay/craigslist (when they come out obviously) and selling my RAZR for as much as I can...

6. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I do love Motorola's phones, but only because I'm used to them. That RIZR looks fabulous (despite it's ridiculous name).

I too agree with the fixing their UI first. I don't have much of a problem with navigation or anything, just with speed. Text messaging in particular with my E398 is slow (not only because the phone itself is slow, but the keypad is absolutely tiny to make way for the big, clamshell sized screen).

7. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Note that on www.mobileburn.com they've written a few articles on their impressions of the prototype phones and apparently the updated UI is very quick and stable, so maybe they have addressed firmware issues as well as hardware (crappy Moto cameras).

Also you guys might enjoy this photo, comparing the current generation RAZR with the KRZR. Doesn't seem much thicker, does it, but a much more comfortable width.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have to say these look nice... how ever i'm sure they will cost quite a bit when they firstn come out, so i might grab a Razr now..but we'll see

9. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

this is the best looking Motorola so far, the KRZR. i'm a huge fan of Moto but i just don't understand why aren't there any 3.2 megapixels on any Moto cells out there or even above 2.0. Sony Ericson and Nokia are just wayy out there.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The K1 (asian version) sounds sweet. Too bad I'd never buy a Moto because of their interface.

11. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Nice looking phones but still the same outdated sh-itty motorola UI? Thats is horrible so I wont be going near any of these phones. :( :mad:

12. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

omg, motorola just announced in another press release the v3xx, l7c and the H601 and H800 (H are headsets). I've included info in my post (including pics)

13. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I LOVE the RIZR. HATE the V6... its VILE! And as for the new RAZR... I'm not sure what to think, it seems to suffer from the anorexia the Nano has - its far to narrow.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, now it's updated with more RAZR variants.

I'm just tired of the entire RAZR look. I know it has changed, but the main differences can only be seen by people who are very familiar with the entire line and progression of these phones, or if you were to display them all side by side. I can't tell just by looking.

I see the same or similar keypad area. The same circular directional button thing with the 6 (far too many) unclear buttons that have poor placement surrounding it.

Just get a new look please. All Motorola sells are RAZR and SVLR variants now. They're pulling a Zoolander on us and giving us the same fracking "look" each time and calling it something different! :rolleyes:

The KRZR is the only one that looks remotely interesting to me, and that's only until I see the keypad area. The outer design is very beautiful, but meh.

15. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Always like Moto, but I agree, their UI can use some work (its come far though) Like the RAZR MAXX the most, but cant decide between the two headsets... :(

16. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah although I'm a huge fan i gotta agree that the UI pretty much sucks. Well maybe you buy a Moto phones for their external looks and not internal. My V3, it takes forever to load golf which is dissapointing.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

They look like good phones, but as long as Motorola makes them, they will suck.

18. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Those are all pretty sweet...except that hideous dragon phone...WTF?

Wonder what provider these will be bound to...I have the RAZR V3c for Verizon and I must say as nice of a looking phone it is, it has a world of issues.

I wouldn't mind one of those if it was available on verizon and the UI isn't slower than molasses.

19. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

In terms of providers, Verizon already has first dibs on the black K1m- rumored to be called the K1c.

Cingular is likely to pick up both the gsm phones eventually, but no one knows what plans they'll have to integrate itunes into them yet.

T-mobile honestly may be late in getting any of those phones but it'll be good competition to the other carriers if they get them early.

As for canadian carriers- they follow american carriers- so I'm not that optimistic.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The PEBL was exclusive to T, so I wonder if T will be getting one of these phones first. Maybe one will go to T, one will go to Cingular, and one will go to Verizion for it to be completely bastardized, castrated and crippled.

21. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Well since the K1m is CDMA and destined for the American market it is almost certanly going to Verizon, which is backed up by the pics of it runing Verizon's OS. If one of the phones is going to get itunes it will undoubtedly be Cingular-exclusive. I'm willing to bet Cingular picks up the KRZR and the RIZR, but not the V3xx. T-mobile will probably do the KRZR only (they never picked up the SLVR, only the RAZR), but they do like their sliders over at Tmobile, so anything is possible...

22. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

As far as the naming goes...

It's simply a lot better than some three digit number combination. It's a lot easier to remember, to ask for, to notice, to communicate.

I have no idea what any of the specific model of Motorola phones look like- except the RAZR, PEBL, ROKR, and SLVR. It's mindshare.

23. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

From the moment I saw a RAZR in person, I didn't like it. However, the RIZR shows promise, and hopefully it will turn out to be as nice to use as the PEBL, which is the best flip phone ever in my opinion.

24. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

It seems that no matter what new designs Motorola releases, I still like the looks of the RAZR v3, v3c, v3m, v3i the best.

25. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01