Motorola Phone Tools for Mac? or somthing similar? need to network v180 to mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by lucface, Jul 5, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

lucface

the title says it. but i have a motorola v180 and i want to back up my phone #'s and content and put content on it. but the Motorola Phone Tools software is onely for PC. is there any alternative?
    when i plug it in via usb my PB sees and identifies it in profiler. but ofcorse it wont mount or provide any access to the content cause i have no software for it.

2. thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

Bump- sory guys, just tryn to get a responce.

3. macrumors newbie

From this thread on macosxhints http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?p=301761

4. macrumors regular

needlnerdz

v180 syncing with mac...

Ive also got a v180, and I found DataPilot to be exactly what I was looking for.. let me upload photos to the phone, download all of my stored phone numbers... general goof off- might not have QUITE all of the personalization tools that motorola's own tools have.. but its pretty damn close. Hope that helps.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

Awesome! thanx, im so excited. im looking into datapilot rite now and will check it all out.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

Needlenerdz, u know why when uploading ring tones they are corrupt? i dont know what im doing wrong. maybe the file size is to big. do you know if there is a standard or max file size for mp3's or w/e? im looking at the manual and its no help. idk, i guess im getting off topic