Motorola Phone Tools

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LtothedeSauce, Jul 14, 2006.

1. LtothedeSauce macrumors newbie

Hi, I know there is already a topic on this but it didn't answer my question. I have a Motorola PEBL (with T-Mobile) and the new Macbook...I'm able to sync up my contacts and calendar fine using bluetooth but I would like to be able to create and send ringtones and pictures to my phone like I was able to when I had a PC. I've tried using sound clips I've made with Audacity but they are too large for my phone, and I have no clue whatsoever how to go about reformatting the file so it is smaller and fits. Can anyone shed some light on this, or at least tell me if they've heard of any programs that are good for this sort of thing?

2. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Bluetooth > Send File works for me with my SLVR L6. Try that.

3. JosiahPB macrumors regular

4. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Oh, I love it. Mind you it's not the L7 that you can get at Cingular now, but I don't need the media player function or the transflash so that doesn't bother me. I always liked the design of the SLVR over the RAZR because I just think the RAZR is too big when it is opened. So, I was very excited when I found out that they were offering an open-faced phone. I just recommend getting a case if you're getting a SLVR. I got a clear hard case (almost like the Agent 18s for the iPod) for it because I was afraid of it getting crushed in my pocket.

5. iCe Cube macrumors regular

I have a motorola L6 (UK) but i don't know what software i need to transfer things from mac to the phone or vice versa. I have a Mac Mini with no bluetooth, but i have a usb cable :D

6. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Yikes. I know that you have to use the Motorola software that comes with the phone to be able to use the USB cable. Unfortunately, that software is Windows only. I just use Bluetooth, so I'm not sure if there are any solutions for you. Sorry.

7. iCe Cube macrumors regular

I didn't actually get any software with my phone at all...hmm

8. jericho53 macrumors regular

I also send files through bluetooth to my razr v3c from cricket. I also use iSync for contacts.

9. nicholaspaul macrumors newbie

IceCube - you probably dont need the software. I can sync a Motorola V220 with my Powerbook G4 using a mini-USB to USB cable and iSync. Don't even bother with a 'special' cable - chances are, if it fits, it will work. I used the cable that came with a digital camera.
    You have to love Macs :)

10. mattiowa macrumors newbie

Took a while

LtothedeSauce, I just bought a PEBL yesterday and was also frustrated with the apparently inability to install MP3 ringtones. I could transfer the files to the PEBL through bluetooth but, after the transfer, an error message would state that the files were an unknown format. I ended up using iTunes to converter the ringtones to MP3s with the following settings: 128 kbps, VBR off, medium quality, 44.10 kHz sample rate, mono channel, normal stereo mode, smart encoding off and filter frequencies on. Now, I am able to use bluetooth to transfer any such converted MP3 less than one minute long to the PEBL and use it as a ringtone.

11. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I just got the RAZR with built in iTunes. Its pretty handy to plug into the car, 100 songs on the move - without the risk of having to leave my iPod in the car.

Its way cool. Always like RAZRs, I've had all the varieties, but recently got the Chocolate phone, and then the Samsung E900 - but the finger prints left behind on the touch keys were driving me insane!

I've paired my phone with my iMac, and iSync has found it - but it won't sync my contacts into Add. Book, nor will Add. Book 'connect' to it - it keeps asking to 'pair' - I do that, and nothing happens :confused:

12. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Is there any way to get a Razr to just create one directory entry with all of someone's details? Now when I run iSync, I get separate entries for Mobile, Home and even Email. Makes for a large directory.

13. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

I have an L6

I don't know if this is an L6 thing only but can anyone tell me if the phone can use the 'nickname' field to tell me who is calling. The address book 'design' seems to suggest this is how it should work, but I just get the main name, even when I've input a nickname.

Is this the same on other Motos?

I like the L6. I had fun making short ringtones from my iTunes collection for calls, messages, etc. (check out 'MP3 Trimmer' for this). With the right compression, you can store lots of tones. And they sound really good.

14. iCe Cube macrumors regular

i shall try this, thanks for the encouragement :D

15. di3 macrumors newbie

java games

i just got a SLVR L7 and i'm in love with it..mind me, it's not perfect [i really thought it was and was a tad disappointed by the complications brought by the fact that it has 2 cards inside it and the bad management of it] but oh well!

anyways, i'm downloading ringtones and all that, and among what i downloaded, i found the java games they charge you to download directly fromt the phone, online. For pc, there's this app called P2Kmanager that allows you to 'trick' the phone into installing the games from the computer [or so i read online, i've been a macuser all my life], but i haven't been able to find anything that works with macs to do the same..anybody knows anything?

16. atmenterprises macrumors regular

Regarding installing Java games, I've found that I can just drop the .jar or .jad file directly to the home directory on the phone over bluetooth and you'll get prompted on the phone itself to install the game. Worked for me when I installed a Java game.

17. nigrini macrumors newbie

L6 Sync and Bluetooth problems

I too recently got an L6 and for the most part I love it, but . . .

1. Does anyone know if iSync can sync all of the street address information as well. I only get phone numbers, names and e-mails.

2. Has anyone managed to get Address to pair with their L6 so that you can send SMS from Address Book. I get the pairing dialog and it says it is successfully paired, but then none of the functions work in Address Book.

3. Has anyone managed to get their L6 to work as a Bluetooth modem from their mac. My old Sony used to do this, but I can't get the L6 to.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

18. di3 macrumors newbie

this is that when i sync the L7 with the imac intel, the bluetooth app opens a window with the specific places to drop the files, and games isn't a folder there [it's just pictures, sounds, videos, and the memory card option which has the exact same 3 folders inside it] so there isn't a main directory that actually accepts the .jar/.jad files. i tried dropping it on the first window directly [without chosing any of the folders/options given] but it said it couldn't accept it.

19. nereidsbeware macrumors newbie

i got this to work.
    and i transferred a sound file via bluetooth from my macbook.

but i was wondering if there is any way to run a soundfile from a memory card to use it as a ringtone (directly from the memory card, rather than from the phone)?

i'm using the slvr l7.

20. xoxtoxickissxox macrumors newbie

how do i get my pictures off my phone

i have a motorola v3 razor from t-mobile. i would like to find out how to get my pictures off of it, i am using a usb chord. i just need step by step directions on how to transfer them

21. joejones50 macrumors newbie

Motorola L6 ringtones from Mac

I've hooked up my L6 to my Mac with the USB cable and it connects with iSync but I can't figure out how to download a ringtone from my computer to the phone.
    It doesn't show up on the desk top and I can't find a command on the phone to import.
    So if there are any L6 owners who know how to do this please give me a step by step explanation and I will be forever grateful.

22. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Use bluetooth if possible. I know that works. See post #2. Sorry, I've never been able to use USB for anything but charging.

23. khendy macrumors newbie

bluetooth file send errors

I'm trying to send ringtones from iTunes to my Krzr K1m. I keep getting failure to connect errors when it tries to send though. Any ideas?

24. XReader macrumors newbie

Like others, I don't think there is one. The PC is written by Avanquest, and I doubt they would spend the effort to make a Mac ver, which means someone else could write it. That could be you, or me. Anyone want to collobarte on a joint open source project with features similiar to Phone Tool? For myself, I am more interested in the Internet Connection part, which allows me to tap the internet connection on it.

If anyone is interested, let me know as soon as possible, since I would not have time to work on this in a couple months or so. Thanks.

XR
    :rolleyes::cool::p;):D:eek::(:):confused::eek::mad::apple:

25. gypsyhighway macrumors newbie

Pocket Mac

Have any of you tried this site? I've read about it but have no idea if there software is any good.