Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Well it's now been about 5 months since I got my V3 and it's still in good as new condition - despite being dropped a few times and getting soaked in my pocket walking home in the rain (twice).

It pairs with my Mac mini easily - letting me swap over pictures or ringtones, but I have yet to try out the USB cable/iSync as I get a "not enough power" error when i plug it into my Keyboard USB ports - so I'll try that again when I get a USB hub.

I'm not too much of a fan of the UI - it feels slow at times, and when you turn the camera on it usually takes about five or so seconds for the camera to adjust - if you take a photo immediately it comes out blurred - almost like you were waving the phone as you took the photo!

The little exterior screen is actually quite useful - handy for a quick check of who's calling you before you open the phone and to see if you've missed any calls etc.

The best thing about it Vs my old SE T610 is the reception - its much much better with the V3. Where I live at home with the T610 I was able to get a signal in our house, only if I had the phone next to a window! With the V3 I get a signal all through our house. (and no..they haven't built more phone masts - I tested the phones together as I've passed the T610 along to my mum).

I hope that Motorola improve the UI on their upcoming phones as I feel this is the worst aspect of the V3 - but I would definitely consider a Motorola again in all other respects.

And I thought I would add some photos taken with the V3 at the highest resolution in case some of you wanted to check out the quality.

Attachments

• 03-11-04_1037.jpg
    03-11-04_1037.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 18-10-04_1754.jpg
    18-10-04_1754.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 21-12-04_1932.jpg
    21-12-04_1932.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 28-12-04_1655.jpg
    28-12-04_1655.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 162

kclman

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2005
phonebook querey

I was wondering if someone could tell me, about the state of the phonebook afgter syncing. I know the v3 has limited phonebook capabilitys ie 1 name 1 number. What happens to the address book in osx after a sync, does it retain many numbers under i contact, or does it get messed up.

Thanks for the help in advance

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
cheekyspanky said:
And I thought I would add some photos taken with the V3 at the highest resolution in case some of you wanted to check out the quality.

That photo of the barnyard animals came out really nicely. :) I won't ask questions about why you have a rooster. :p:D

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
mkrishnan said:
That photo of the barnyard animals came out really nicely. :) I won't ask questions about why you have a rooster. :p:D

Yeah - that photo did come out well! Sadly the rooster isn't mine..strangely all those animals reside in a public park in Portsmouth where I live - I think it's supposed to bring a bit of nature to the city!

Just around the corner they have Peacocks and Guinea Pigs!

Whotheheck

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2004
I think Motorola wants people to buy their syncing software. That's why you can't use isync maybe?

BTW, this phone is $350 now.

Electric Monk

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2005
Nope. It's because Panther doesn't properly/fully use the SnycML protocol. Although it mostly applies to Motorola phones because they don't include older protocols, some other new phones like the Nokia 6630 (or 6230, not up on Nokia phones, but I do know one of their newer ones can't use iSync via bluetooth).

Tiger should change this, and Motorola phones that don't currently iSync via bluetooth should be able to.

Tom Morello

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2004
I have a problem with my V3. Someone sent me a pic and I can't download it.
It just says that it won't download, try again later.

What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.