Motorola RAZR v3

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AnthonyKinyon, Aug 9, 2006.

1. AnthonyKinyon macrumors regular

For what it's worth I just thought I'd share my experience.

I got a Motorola RAZR v3 Black last night (Cingular). Awesome phone.

I can synch it up to Mac OS X 10.4.7 without any problems, pairs just fine. Can synch contacts with Address Book in about 5 to 7 seconds, can drag and drop pictures, etc.

It's cool to see your Mac show "Motorola RAZR" on the "discovered" Bluetooth devices and on the phone it shows "Anthony's Mac Mini"

:D

2. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Ooh, I agree. My RAZR is a black one too and I have a little fun sending the files over to it. It's amazing how we went from bag phones to half-inch phones... Wow :cool: .

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

To be contrary ...

I freaking hate my V3M. It has no battery life, it's uber-fragile, and it doesn't sync cleanly at all. That and the layout of the freaking headset causes me to accidentally record half my phone calls ... and the ugly, counter-intuitive GUI.

Blech. Two more years I have to live with this thing.

4. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I have a v3c, Alltel version (CDMA) I love the phone. By the way...you can make your own ringtones out of MP3's in your iTunes collection and then import them into the phone with BT. I have not figured out how to make them out of protected iTMS tracks though because you can't convert those into MP3. You have to crop the song...change to Mono...and change the sample rate, it takes a little bit. I found the instructions on-line. It works great though and saves money from buying ringtones!

5. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Interesting to hear somebody not like the RAZR. I was thinking of getting the RAZR v3i with iTunes (available in Canada through Rogers) but go the Sony Ericsson w810i instead.
    It's a great little phone, with built in software to use as a bluetooth remote that works great with my iMac. But the only think I don't like about it is it's not a flip phone. I keep thinking of trading it in for the V3i, but I like all of the features it has. And the GUI is really nice.

6. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I had a one of those phones. Didn't have it long couldn't stand it. As long as you enjoy yours :)

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

We're ... everywhere.

;)

8. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i hate mine. I hate motorola's UI. its so counter productive.

my battery life is ok, as is my reception. but that is where the good ends.

the volume is patheticly low. the speakerphone should not be classified as a speakerphone, the internal memory.. wait. WHAT internal memory. 5MB? wtf?

it's just frusterating.

but i got it for free on amazon a year ago, so i cant complain TOO much.

i would like to get the samsung d-807 or the LG CU-550 as i hear they are much better quality. and the LG is a 3G phone woo!

i'm going to use the razr as my business line answering machine once i switch phones.

i dont mind cingular as a company. its not the best. but not the worst either.

9. thestaton macrumors 6502

I've had mine since oct 05, the battery life is great just so I'm not using the blue tooth adapter. I just hate that when I drive with my t-tops off or even with the windows up I find it hard to hear people. I get a hearing test every year in the military and they say I have freakishly good hearing so I know its not me.

10. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

no its not you man. the volume absolutely blows on the razr. that is the one thing that disappoints me the most.

11. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I Agree, I feel like I am inserting the top of the phone into my skull so I can hear...in quiet places....if there is noise, I have to use speaker phone to hear anything.

12. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

the speakerphone on mine gets so distorted that i cant even understand anything.

i have some stupid motorola bluetooth headset too for when i am driving. and god forbid i have the windows down or the AC on or music playing. or i even BREATHE because i will be unable to hear a damn thing on it!
    GAH!!!! :mad: :mad:

sorry. I'm done hating on my Razr and motorola phones.
    (for today at least ;))

Can anyone suggest a better quadband phone for cingular? please? i'm begging.

13. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Eew, that's one of them GPS thingy phones. My friend has one and it's horrible and slow.

14. jakester529 macrumors newbie

Can you surf the internet using your RAZR v3?

Hi Anthony! Can you surf the internet using your RAZR v3? I have a RAZR v3x and I wanted to use it to connect to the net using 3G technology but I can't get thru. Let me know. Thanks..

15. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

if you do the approriate google search with cingular bluetooth internet access you can find directions on using your phone as a bluetooth modem for your mac if you internet connection is ever down or if you get laptop and wanted use your existing hardware and not have to worry about getting additional stuff. Also depending on your location cingular will get you dsl spped at least in my area it does.

16. jTreu macrumors 6502

i enjoyed my while it lasted, got destroyed by my campers at the camp i worked at over the summer:(

17. Synapple macrumors regular

I don't like mine either...
    I mean, it would be an OK phone if it didn't have the sucky moto UI, which is impossible to accustom to.

I bought a Sony Ericsson to replace it but it died on me after a few months and I'm back to the V3 for now. The Sony Ericsson was great until it lasted.