Motorola SLVR 7 phone causing interference

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Chrispy, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    Hey all. I didn't know where else to post this but I really wanted some MR member input as you guys/gals are always on it when I have a question :) I have a motorola SLVR 7 (using cingular of course) and ever since I got it I noticed I get a strange buzzing that last a few seconds in any speakers near the phone. This happens ever few hours or so and sounds the same on all speakers it happens to :eek:

So far I have noticed it on the speakers in my TV, my Klipsh 2.1 speakers in my room at home and on the speakers on my office computer. Is this something I should be worried about. Is my phone giving off harmful signal bands that could be dangerous to me in any way? Also, is this a knows issue? I googled it but didn't find much. It is not really that big of an issue but I was just concered about health issues or a possible flaw in the phone... I know I'm paranoid :eek:
  2. Hytower77 macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2005
    Some random place outside of Fort Worth, TX
    Almost every newer cell phone I've come across does that. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just a minor annoyance. I've found through my dealing with this prob at work, if the antenna isn't pointed at the radio, it isn't as bad and sometimes doesn't do it at all. About 95% of the time it happens, my phone is sitting less than a foot from my stereo.

I've got a Motorola V551, I've seen this happen with LG, Samsung and almost every other major we have here in the US.
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I've cycled through three phones that have done this. Most recent is a RAZR... i really don't think it's anything to worry about, it's just uber annoying. You'll notice that if you receive a text message or call when near the speakers, you'll hear the buzzing as well.