Motorola T720 and USB data cord. Now what?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by DreaminDirector, Jun 5, 2003.

1. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Finally isync now supports my motorola T720. I bought a cable and did my first sync. As I sit here, looking at phone and cord, I wonder, what else can I do with it?

Can I import ringtones? backgrounds? use my phone as a modem for my laptop?

Anyone got any cool little apps that will put the data cord to good use?!?

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Re: Motorola T720 and USB data cord. Now what?

You could probably use it as a modem, but I am not sure what provider you use and what kinda ristrictions/issues you would have with the phone.

3. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

There are *ahem* ways to do this, but I don't know of any for the Mac.

If you use Verizon, and you have a PC, the software to put ringtones and games on varies. I'm not sure what it is for the T720, but on my Audiovox CDM-9500, I use GAGIN.

I'll look into the T720 if, in fact, you have a PC.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah there's a process to installing ringtones and pics... you have to download a ringtone first, but verizon gives you a free one :D and then replace it with the ringtone of your choice... not a very elegant solution, but verizon isn't a very good company IMHO-- I paid a great deal of money for my t720, i should be able to use the damn thing...

if you're not on verizon... then you're good :) you can just use the microbrowser to find ringtones... If you haven't found it already, there's a way to use it without even costing airtime-- it's a bit limited tho... find out about it (and a ton of other stuff):

http://pub2.ezboard.com/bmotorolat720

pnw

5. DreaminDirector thread starter macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I'm on T-mobile and they have really crappy ring tones on their website. I was just trying to find a little program that could hack into the phone so I can install some ringtones I got off the net.

I downloaded a little app called RingToneConverter (You can find it on versiontracker), and it comes with a few cool tones. I just dont know how to get the tones from my mac to my phone.

Oh yeah, I'm on a mac too. I should have giving you all the info in the first post but I just kinda blanked.....

6. Moe macrumors regular

Can you expand on that comment? I'm considering a T720 on Verizon for full-time RVing, since they have about the largest coverage out there and don't charge extra for Mobile Office.

If there's a problem with Verizon, I'd sure like to know about it!

Thanks,

7. DreaminDirector thread starter macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I think what he meant by not going with Verizon is that they have a "Get it now" feature that, and correct me if I'm wrong guys, acts as a lock to all other ways to import anything except through verizon directly.

I've been doing my fair share of research and found that if you got a mac and a t720, there are no apps out there to import ringtones. You can go through website that will send you ringtones, but I just dont want to give my number out to these sites so that I can start getting junk/spam calls from them...

8. hesdeadjim macrumors regular

I have the demo version of this app, and all you have to do is select ur phone and say convert or something along those lines and it tells you how to put it into your phone. Unfortunately, u need to have the full version in order to convert nething other than frosty the snowman.