Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2011
So after Samsung was followed by Nokia stating, "it doesn't take a genius" to wisely chose their device over the iPhone, Motorola has now taken their turn at bat. I think it's another funny one....iLost, funny shlt.

moto_0000_location-1-2.jpeg

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Apple is looking down right foolish over this map thing, that's for sure.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
This one isn't that funny though. The iClouds jokes are funnier imo :D

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Apple is looking down right foolish over this map thing, that's for sure.

Agreed. What an epic blunder.

Apple is probably the only company who can get away with a blunder like this and not affect sales.... They are still selling them as fast as they can make them despite the whole maps fiasco. Its funny how Samsung and Motorola spend all this money trying to diss Apple in commercials and ads, but it hasn't deterred Millions and Millions of people from pre-ordering and lining up.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Apple is probably the only company who can get away with a blunder like this and not affect sales.... They are still selling them as fast as they can make them despite the whole maps fiasco. Its funny how Samsung and Motorola spend all this money trying to diss Apple in commercials and ads, but it hasn't deterred Millions and Millions of people from pre-ordering and lining up.

That's because the blind will always follow where you lead them. LoL.

iphonefan74

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012

Judging from the huge marketshare lead Android has and how Samsung's Galaxy line outsells the iphone, I doubt Samsung NEED to do anything. They are just doing it because they can.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
While it's funny, it's not very creative. #iLost? Yea who hasn't thought of putting a word after "i" ?

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Of course they are showing a plain view against a satellite map view as well....

Oh and remember this is Google, not Motorola. There is no Motorola cell phone group any more - it's owned by Google...

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Motorola is closing offices all over the globe...

Maybe they should worry less about Apple, and start focusing on making a product that isn't hideous.

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Motorola is closing offices all over the globe...

Maybe they should worry less about Apple, and start focusing on making a product that isn't hideous.

Came in to say this. Tell me when you have a phone with a non-crappy screen, and doesn't feel like it was made in the 80s Moto.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Oh and remember this is Google, not Motorola. There is no Motorola cell phone group any more - it's owned by Google...
Yep. They can't troll Apple directly, so they do it through their recently aquired subsidiary instead.

Omg wait...they knew this was coming since they had pulled their maps from iOS 6, so they bought Motorola only to......... :eek:

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
I'm disgusted by Apple Maps, but I'm even more disgusted by that Motorola AND Verizon carrier branding on the face of the phone.

Both those companies can go **** themselves with that.

Also, that RAZR looks like it was designed by a child who plays Madden on Xbox. What a piece of crap.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I'm disgusted by Apple Maps, but I'm even more disgusted by that Motorola AND Verizon carrier branding on the face of the phone.

Both those companies can go **** themselves with that.

Also, that RAZR looks like it was designed by a child who plays Madden on Xbox. What a piece of crap.
The only thing I can say about that Moto phone is it looks better than that iPhone 4 slab next to it. Oh, sorry, it's the iPhone 5.

dwreck

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
So after Samsung was followed by Nokia stating, "it doesn't take a genius" to wisely chose their device over the iPhone, Motorola has now taken their turn at bat. I think it's another funny one....iLost, funny shlt.

Apple's obviously not taking this ad very seriously--the bad search result is still showing up in Apple Maps.

On the other hand--and it's already been pointed out by one commenter here--where does Motorola get off comparing satellite view on the MOTO phone to a standard view on the iPhone? At a glance, it looks like the iPhone doesn't offer satellite view, when of course it does.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Great going Googorola, the address does NOT exist in Manhattan.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Yep. They can't troll Apple directly, so they do it through their recently aquired subsidiary instead.

Omg wait...they knew this was coming since they had pulled their maps from iOS 6, so they bought Motorola only to......... :eek:

A contract ran out, it wasn't them pulling it off maliciously.

Same reason why there was no YouTube.

Do we know why negotiations failed?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Not that I am defending Google, but please, Apple has its fair share of lies.

"The iPhone 5 is the world's thinnest phone" anyone?

And revealing this farce of Google/Moto doesn't make Apple Maps better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.