Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey guys,
I just switched from a nokia to a motorla V3 and I urgently need help with SMS. How do I save a draft??? Ive tried everything, it only gives me options to send it not to save the sms Ive just written! If I exit the sms in nokias it saves it but in motorolas it erases it! I need to know how to save an sms draft so I can have the option to edit it later on and send it later on. Ive tried google and motorla forums but nothing has come up. This is urgent as I need to find this out ASAP. I dont know where else to turn but all you guys are geniuses. I am desperate, HELP ME MACRUMORS:(

islandman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
On mine, if I hit the middle button under the screen, I have an option to save to drafts. Hope this helps!

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
After writing your message you can copy the text and paste it later. type your message, then hit the menu key, then select copy. highlight the text you would like to copy, hit okay, and voila, copied. To paste it, create a new message, hit menu, then paste.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
islandman said:
On mine, if I hit the middle button under the screen, I have an option to save to drafts. Hope this helps!
I dont have that for some reason, I just have entry setup, copy, paste and stuff like that. Good idea felldownthewell but its kinda clumsy. I have a darfts folder, there must be a way to save things there.

islandman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
Go into the Drafts folder. Create the message from within the Drafts folder. It will save itself there.

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
I have a Razor v3m and it will ask me if I want to save my SMS when I hit the red button for exit, and automatically put it in the draft folder...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
islandman said:
Go into the Drafts folder. Create the message from within the Drafts folder. It will save itself there.
Tried that, i write it then press the red hangup button and when i return it is no longer there:( .

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
vi2867 said:
I have a Razor v3m and it will ask me if I want to save my SMS when I hit the red button for exit, and automatically put it in the draft folder...
Mine doesnt do that

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Patmian212 said:
Hey guys,
I just switched from a nokia to a motorla V3 and I urgently need help with SMS. How do I save a draft??? Ive tried everything, it only gives me options to send it not to save the sms Ive just written! If I exit the sms in nokias it saves it but in motorolas it erases it! I need to know how to save an sms draft so I can have the option to edit it later on and send it later on. Ive tried google and motorla forums but nothing has come up. This is urgent as I need to find this out ASAP. I dont know where else to turn but all you guys are geniuses. I am desperate, HELP ME MACRUMORS:(

Call your phone, when the call interupts the txt message it forces it into a draft, or send yourself a text message, read the new message and the in progress message is forced into drafts.

More logical... type message, select recipient, at last screen before sending, press the button top row in the middle that looks like 4 horizontal lines on the screen, save as draft is in there.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
jbernie said:
Call your phone, when the call interupts the txt message it forces it into a draft, or send yourself a text message, read the new message and the in progress message is forced into drafts.

More logical... type message, select recipient, at last screen before sending, press the button top row in the middle that looks like 4 horizontal lines on the screen, save as draft is in there.
WE HAVE A WINNER, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Why did they put that option in such a retared and hidden place I dont know, but thank you!

EDIT: I am starting to regret getting this phone. The interface feels so unresponsive and everything seems so unorganized and the fact that the longest sms can be 450 characters(3 pages, opposed to my old nokias 5 pages) seems a bit limited.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Patmian212 said:
WE HAVE A WINNER, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Why did they put that option in such a retared and hidden place I dont know, but thank you!

EDIT: I am starting to regret getting this phone. The interface feels so unresponsive and everything seems so unorganized and the fact that the longest sms can be 450 characters(3 pages, opposed to my old nokias 5 pages) seems a bit limited.

The RAZR based on size is the better phone, though Nokias destroy Motorola on the ease of use. Esp for numbers, having to switch to numeric mode to get 0 then back to text again. I used to be able to text without looking at the phone on the nokias, RAZR doesn't allow it. Also the keypad is too smooth so it is harder to tell which key you are on.

Glad it worked Patmian.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.