Motorola v325

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ayre, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Ayre macrumors member

Hey, I've been trying to search around topics for an answer, but I can't seem to find it. I just got a new Motorola v325 through an upgrade plan (I lost my old phone a week ago and didn't want to shell out for a new phone...), and got psyched that people were able to sync it with iCal and Address Book. However, using the mini-USB cord that I own to hook it up to my laptop, all the phone does is charge, and doesn't show up on the desktop, nor does iSync recognize it when I try to search for new devices.

Anyone with the same phone that have been able to upload pictures and such through USB? It's not the v325i that's Bluetooth-enabled. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. jddj macrumors newbie

Moto V325 and iSync

First, to get your V325 to be "seen" by iSybc, you will have to install the right phoneplugin. You can get it from Dr. Shenoy's web site: http://prashant.shenoy.biz/Software.html

Once the phone is recognized, use this longish workaround that I stumbled on in trying to get things to sync with iSync (Contacts sync fine):

Simpler iSync Alternative to get iCal Work calendar onto V325

The V235 phone calendar seems to be set permanently -4 hours from America/New York. You will need to set iSync More Options to a Time Zone that is 4 hr ahead of the America/NY setting on iCal. For example, if the iCal Time zone setting is set to Atlantic/Reykjavik, the Work calendar will show events 4 hours ahead (9am events show as 1pm events). So you need to find a Time Zone in iCal that makes the iCal Work calendar settings that are 4 hr ahead of NY time. When we are on Eastern Standard Time, that setting in iSync will be Atlantic/Reykjavik. When we shift to Eastern DST, the setting will likely be Atlantic/Azores which will now show iCal events as 4 hr ahead of us.

1. Start clean: erase events on V325 cal., unplug USB phone cable, turn phone off then on again. Replug USB cable into phone.
    2. Set iCal Prefs/Advanced to “Turn on time zone support”. Make sure top right pull down on iCal is set to “America/New York”.
    3. Go to iCal and Backup Database!!
    4. Revert to Database Backup. This is important so as to have a clean iCal Work calendar. Make sure it looks ok when set to America/New York time zone.

5. In iSync, select Work calendar only. Under “More Options”, select “Don’t synchronize events prior to: Today”. Check “Don’t synchronize events after: One Month” – the V325 calendar seems only to take 1 month at a time. Set “Events Time Zone: Atlantic/Reykjavik” – they are on GMT – i.e., 4 hr ahead of NY as of 10-27 while we are still on EST. After EDST is on, you will need to select Atlantic/Azores. Click OK. Turn off Contacts sync for now.
    6. Sync Work calendar ONCE.
    7. If you do a resync, events on phone and iCal will mess up and you will have to revert to previously saved iCal Database.

8. To refresh events on V325, start with 1 again including Reverting to previously saved database!!
    Note: As of 10-27, we are still on STD time and Friday’s events on the V325 cal are ok. However, events starting Monday 10-30 are set forward 1 hour in the V325 calendar. May need to change Time zone to Atlantic/Azores or maybe phone will correct the times of events after STD time kicks in.

Let me know if this works for you.
    jim

3. jddj macrumors newbie

Much Simpler/More Reliable Moto V325 iCal iSync

First, to get your V325 to be "seen" by iSybc, you will have to install the right phoneplugin. You can get it from Dr. Shenoy's web site: http://prashant.shenoy.biz/Software.html

Once the phone is recognized, use this longish workaround that I stumbled on in trying to get things to sync with iSync (Contacts sync fine):

Resetting the calendar on the MOTO V325

1. Go to iCal and Select “America/New York” time zone – top R. BACKUP DATA BASE!! Close iCal.
    2. Open iSync, make sure settings are ok: Under “More Options”, select “Don’t synchronize events prior to: Today”. Check “Don’t synchronize events after: One Month. Set “Events Time Zone: Atlantic/Reykjavik”. Select “Work” calendar only in iSync.
    3. Select the V325 icon in iSync.
    4. Under “Devices” menu, select “Reset Device…”
    5. Shut down iSync immediately after resetting to prevent accidental automatic sync of phone and iCal. Better, deselect Calendars in iSync.

6. Contacts sync fine to the V325 address book – check Contacts: sync Cell Phone; More Options “Only sync contacts with phone numbers” and “Sync E-mail addresses”. Or you can include Contacts when you “Reset Device…”

4. BigLep macrumors newbie

5. xoxtoxickissxox macrumors newbie

how do i get my pictures off my phone

i have a motorola v3 razor from t-mobile. i would like to find out how to get my pictures off of it, i am using a usb chord. i just need step by step directions on how to transfer them

6. depaola macrumors newbie

No Joy :(

Thank you so much for posting this plugin. The first time I fired it up I got an error message saying the plugin was invalid. I thought it might be because I mucked with my iSync trying to get my v325i to work with it earlier. I installed a fresh copy of iSync and after that I didn't get the error message, but instead iSync behaved as it always did, saying my phone won't work with it. Any ideas? Thanks!

7. civiltongue macrumors newbie

V325i unable to iSync

Even after following the instructions (including downloading Mr. Loeppky's plug-in) I was unable to get it to work. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.