Motorola v330 & Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joeswinehart, May 21, 2005.

1. joeswinehart macrumors member

Anyone use the moto v330 with a Mac? It's a new offering from t-mobile, and it might be time for me to upgrade...my bluetooth enabled iMac is arriving next week! Anyhow, browsing around I have read that it is an "upgraded v300" and another person described as having more in common with the v551.
    The 300 works with iSync using USB, the 551 uses the bluetooth. Anyhow, if anyone has had any experience with the v330, I'd love to know how it went.

I could wait for the iTunes phone, but I don't know why I would need to spend the $ for tunes on my phone...have a shuffle and an iPod, do I need bad electronica on my phone as well? Any thoughts?

~joe

2. joeswinehart thread starter macrumors member

anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Is this a great unknown, or do I need to spam another 477 posts, get that avatar and then be worthy of the wisdom of the ages?
    Erg, CDW sent me the 1.8 iMac by mistake, so I am waiting on the 2.0 anyway...still, if anyone has moto info, I'd love it.
    They told me to call Apple, but it isn't listed on the iSync page yet...
    thanks
    ~joe

3. joeswinehart thread starter macrumors member

And the final answer...

Hmmm...
    I thought I'd google it again, nothing there when I first posted but, <viola!> someone else had the same issue over at macusersforum.com had the same dilemma, but was a little savvier than me.
    In any case...if you are checking this forum because you are also thinking about the moto v330, the instructions to sync it up are here.

Side note, any moto users have input on the durability/style of the moto lineup? I've used nokias for the last 5 years and been content, but t-mobile has a decent offer on the v330 and I think I can renew my contract (or threaten to switch) to get an even better price.

Thanks for your input, I'd love to get a little advice from moto users before switching over.
    Heck, I'd settle for a "Woot!! New Powerbooks next week!!" posting...just so I'm not alone in the thread.

~joe

4. martin1000 macrumors regular

I have a v300. I've had it since Feb. 2004. Very durable. The screen and functions are great. And the casing is awesome, it just won't get dirty.

The only issue I am starting to have is that I can't hear people talking to me. They can hear me, but I can't hear them unless I use the earphone thingy.

I did a little research and this seems to be very common with the generation 1 of this phone. (which I have.) Unfortunately it's been 14 months and they won't repair it.

Looks like a new phone for me. I've been looking at the v330. Only capability that it is missing is video, and I don't know how often I would use that anyway.

I would also love to know how well it works with macs b/c I am waiting for the ibook updates before purchasing my first Apple since the IIc.

5. 36183 Guest

i have used the V3 with my mac. and isync works fine (other than the V3 not supporting address book pictures of multiple numbers under each contact).

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I used to always have Nokia's back before the whole flip/camera phone fad took over (I SO wish they'd bring out another phone like the Matrix one, that thing rocked!), then I got a Sony Ericsson T610, which was quite good although I had trouble hearing people on it so when I lost that I replaced it with the Moto V220 and I was NOT impressed with that phone one little bit, now I've switched back to SE and have an s710a and couldn't be happier (it syncs fine with iSync, you just need to initiate the first pairing from the phone).