MOtorola V3i when?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davefan6435, Jan 29, 2006.

1. davefan6435 macrumors regular

I was wondering whhen people think the V3i will start appearing in stores, like cingular and stuff. My plan for my old complany ends in may and I was hoping to pick one up around then hopefully I can get it in a deal for a around $200 or something.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i was wondering the same thing

3. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

Here in the UK you can get it no problem now. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth on it doesn't talk to Macs. Doesn't sync anything at all over BT and you need to use the USB cable instead.

Odd because I have the first model Razr which does sync addresses and calendar fine over BT and I was going to upgrade to the V3i but not being able to sync over BT is a killer for me. There's no way I'm "upgrading" to a phone if I have to start using a wire when the previous model works fine wirelessly.

4. davefan6435 thread starter macrumors regular

How much is it in the UK? I'm hoping it'll come down in the coming months over in the US

5. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

Not much, it's free with even the cheapest of contracts. I don't think it should cost much because apart from its form it is a pretty poor phone if you compare its features to the rest of the market just now.

6. davefan6435 thread starter macrumors regular

Really, that's amazing. The old razr v3 for cingular is like $70 still with rebates just looking at sundays ads today. Why can't we get those prices over here!!!

7. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

8. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

The V3i is about £150 to buy outright in the UK,that is not tied to any network,but as others have said its free with any monthly plan.If you travel a lot its better to own the phone outright as you can just stick a pay-as-you-go SIM in for whatever country.

9. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

It'll probably come tomorrow. I just dumped Sprint and bought my SLVR...