Motorola V400 on OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by upperblue79, Jul 1, 2004.

1. upperblue79 macrumors regular

upperblue79

I have a motorola v400 and a usb cable to hook it up to my computer, but I can't get it to do anything on my mac. If I look in the system profiler it shows it as a usb device but that is it. I was hoping it would work with isync, but apple hasn't built in the support yet, anyone here have any luck getting the v400 to do anything on thier mac?

2. upperblue79 thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

Am I the only person in these threads that uses the v4000?

3. jeffcoatfilms macrumors newbie

Mac Software for V400

I'm in the same boat. I've got the V400 and i'm trying to sync it with a Data cable I bought on E-bay. I found one shareware program that seems to speak to it called "GSM REmote" but it doesn't seem to have the sort of Address book import functions i was hoping for. Anyone else have suggestions/solutions???

Thanks,

-john

4. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I have the v400 too !!! Where does the usb cable plug into ?... lol.. I know that's a stupid question, but that's alright, I ain't afraid to ask a dumb question- especially since I really don't know...

5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

There's a new version of iSync coming out soon. This may solve your problems!

Lee Tom

6. roblef macrumors newbie

V400, USB Cable

I just got the data cable (usb) and it syncs my motorola v400 with iSync just fine. It also works with a couple of third party shareware programs (OnSync and GSM Remote). What I'm really looking for is a way to browse the files, and grab the photos. I can't seem to email them to my mac, because it doesn't recognize the .mms file format.:eek: Any ideas?

7. Mitsou macrumors newbie

V400 and Isyns

I sync works at lest partially :mad:

8. rasp macrumors regular

rasp

I have the moto cable from a cingular data connect kit from when I had a v60 on tdma service. That cable works about the same with my v600, also with a v400. I've never gotten any motorola phone to be seen by isync at all. I've given up. I'm not expecting the new version of isync to see it. The best I've gotten is with the v600 I can see the files on the phone through bluetooth, I can connect to the internet through bluetooth. The only way I can see the PIM stuff on the phone is with mobile phone tools on my windows xp workstation at work.

It's all very frustrating, I *really* wish phones would sync like my old palm 3 does... that thing would sync to *anything* and I never had data loss.