Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JMStC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
OC
So I was told to buy a Motorola WPCI810G wireless PCI addapter card becouse it works well in the G3. I was told that my mac will think it is a AirPort card and it give good results.

So I found the last one on Ebay and I put it into my computer, what do I do from there? I tried to reset with the programers button but I don't realy know what to do from there.

Any tips would be helpfull.

Thanx, JMStC

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
It should not need any drivers if it is recognised as a Airport Card - all you need is the AirPort software installed in Mac OS 9, or any version of OS X. If its been detected it should appear in the Apple Menu on bootup (OS X only) and then you can connect it to a network.

JMStC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
OC
The card is not detected. How can I get it to show on the Apple menu? And the instalation disk is not formated for Mac.:(

JMStC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
OC
I'm starting to think my PCI card is bad. The Airport won't turn on and the card is not detected. I gues I'll have to order an Airport card.:mad: I don't know how the Airport card works, will it be plug and play?

JMStC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.