Motorsports News 8/14/02

Discussion in 'Community' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Aug 14, 2002.

1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

FORMULA 1
    Today, the Arrows Formula One team announced they will not be racing this weekend and the Hungarian Grand Prix, sighting finance problems. Two races ago, Arrows did not compete after Ford Cosworth (Arrows motor manufacturer) , took away the Engine Ecu's so because Arrows had a 3.3 million pounds outstanding ballance to pay to Cosworth. On top of all this , Arrows #1 driver Hinse Herald Frenzin (Dont know if i got that name right) resigned because of the recent finantial problems the team has been facing.
    CART
    Rumor has it that Pual Tracy has signed with Team Players Tobbaco for next season. Team Players is trying to persue former Players CART driver Jacques Villenuve to take a sobatical from F1. Team boss/owner Gerald Forsyth hinted this in a interview and has reportedly had some talks with Villenuve about racing in cart next season. Players wants Villenuve because next season is there last sponsoring auto racing, and the company wants to go out with a bang!
    NASCAR
    Cart ace Christian Fitipaldi has signed a contract to race for Petty Enterprises next season in Nascar Busch series and some WInston cup races.
    Walkins Glen race winner Tony Stewart was fined 10,00 dollars by Nascar for his Punches thrown at a team-hired photographer at the Brickyard 400. After his sponsor Home Depot heard about the incedent and Nascar fining him, Home Depot fined Stewart $50,000 dollars extra!

More news tommorow

-GaBe-

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

3. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, im glad people are reading the post!:D :D

-GaBe-

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

thank god you didn't wrote about indy racing. thats like the friggin minor leagues for Cart. I was so pissed when they split off and still am. Its just a good thing that Cart has been successful.

LOL, I just read about Tony Stewart. As much as I would love to hate him I can't. Its kinda like watching Eminem do music. He's so brash, hot headed, and arrogant; but damned if he doesnt deliver. What a talent.

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

6. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

I promise that I will NEVER write about the crackhead IRL. They are the ***** racing league . CART is kicking the IRL's ass! CART announced that it had 1.7 million attendies in 8 races compared to the 750,000 for the IRL, eventhough the IRL has the indy 500! thats sad on the IRL's Part. IRL sucks!

-GaBe-

7. iGav macrumors G3

That's more to do with the fact that Frentzen looks like Fox Mulders twin...... than Frentzens talent behind the wheel :p

Not seen much IRL is it really that bad??? I'll watch CART when it's on (not very often in the UK)........ NASCAR gets zero exposure over here, except on Sky.....

Anyone one see Colin McRaes Ford Focus WRC go up in flames.......????

Anyway's it's Hungary this weekend..... my least favourite race of the season..... I think Schumi will win....... ;) :D