Motorstorm gameplay footage surfaces...

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, May 12, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

At the moment I haven't seen anything on the PS3 that a 360 couldn't do. Well other than the 1080p output. I tell you what though this game looks nothing like the original CGI, but I kind of kept saying that over and over again during the press conference.

3. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

CGI renders are generally much smoother than in-game. Nothing is powerful enough to run as smooth as CGI all the time.

The trailer for this game was amazing, but i dunno if the game will be up to much.

I'm more excited about the Wii now.

Rich.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OMG! THAT LOOKS LIKE PANTS...... No way close to the vid last year. Be prepared for Killzone :rolleyes:

Hey and were not sure if ALL the games will support 1080p. Only game officialy announced at 1080p at this stage is GT4 HD.

A glorified PS2 game that was already running in 1080i anyway. It even uses all the same textures from the Ps2 version, except and prepare to be astonsihed, they've updated the menu...... OH BIG WOW!!!!! Great Achievment there.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Really dissapointed with EVERYTHING Sony have shown and said at this years E3.

AND WHAT HAPPENED TO LINUX? That seems to have been completely sidelined this year. Probably because it too will be completely crippled to the point of being redundant.......

Bad Sony.. Go and sit in the NextGen corner and THINK about what you've done....

5. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

I am starting to think Sony are not gonna impress as much as we had all hoped. It might be too late.

The Wii is a fantastic console that will pave the way.

PS3 is relying on hype now, i'm not impressed.

Rich.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sony made a rod for it's own back with those videos last year and all the talk about how it would be the only Next Gen HD Movie console...... only to do an about face on its cheaper $500 console....

And motorstorm video from last year to this is like looking at two completely different generations of graphics.....

6 more months of people Ps3 bashing, should help knock most of the wind out of the hyperbole....

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

agreed... this game almost looks better.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Motorstorm looks like its shaping up well....cars falling apart..people being tossed around...lol

Bless

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I think you win the award for being able to remain the most positive and optimistic person in regards to the PS3 *ever*! heh

The game, wow, yeah... further proof Sony was full of it last year. The idea of seeing Killzone now scares me.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^So i noticed.....think they are a few here(not many)..maybe because i didn't see the last trailer for motorstorm but it looks fine to me..well at least the one i saw at gamespot.

I won't bash any system..much....i like em all

Bless

12. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Yeah, they are all going to have some great games.

I don't tend to bash systems, just company hype lies... that is all.

Apple and Nintendo tend to make great systems without lying about them; othe companies could too.

13. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

hopefully what we saw at E3 was what the PS3 is capable of and this year was just what we're gettin now.

Edit: hopefully what we saw at E3 2005 was what the PS3 is capable of and this year was just what we're gettin now. sorry.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What you saw at E3 2005 was not done on a PS3 it was done on industry workstations with hour and hours of rendering CGI movies - much like how any cgi movie is made, and can not be taken as representative of what PS3 will ever be capable of.

I remember seeing similar with Ps2 and they NEVER EVER achieved anything close to their demos.

Motorstorm is dissapointing. Look at the textures on the landscape mountains. They are very poor and low quality. Look at the trees in the distance, they too are very low quality. I'm not saying it cant be improved, because weve already seen at this years E3 better looking games - but the point remains - it's SO FAR AWAY from the CGI renders of last year its shocking, but not surprising.

Killzone WILL NEVER look anything like last years footage and I think when we finally see it in motion, were going to be left remembering how dissapointing the original Killzone was as well despite all the hyperbole and promising screenshots.