Mount & Blade: Warband

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Lixia, Apr 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2009
    Somewheretown, Canada
    Anyone else play this amazing indie game? If so, how? I currently use Parrallels and it runs great. I wonder if I could get it to run flawlessly under wine/crossover and get better performance?

I should be buying windows7 soon to use in bootcamp on my new MBPi7 that should let me pump up the graphics/AI/battlesize some more :D

Let's discuss this amazing game :)
  2. macrumors newbie

Nov 6, 2010

I sometimes play it on a pc but soon i will try in my MBP 15 in bootcamp.

From manofsnow7
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2010
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 4, 2011
    Playing Mount&Blade Warband in Dx9 mode. (Works perfect)

Hi everyone =)

I was looking for how can i open mount and blade warband in dx9 mode and finally i found it and did it.

(Note: I fix the mouse problem but this solution is not mine, i find it in the forums.)

1-You have to download crossover games application and install it.

2-Find mount and blade warband v1.127 SKIDROW patch.(You can find it on internet.)

3-First install the m&b warband, then install the patch.(Be careful, you must install m&b warband patch to the same bottle.)(Do not forget to crack.)

4-Everything is perfectly installed. Let's fix the mouse problem.(If you find you are unable to rotate the camera or turn your character during game.)

5-Go to the Programs menu in Crossover, then select Run Command.*

6-Type 'regedit' (minus the quotes) into the command box, and make sure that Use Bottle has the appropriate bottle selected.Press enter or run.

7- Navigate to*HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/

8- With AppDefaults selected, click Edit->New Key. Type 'mb_warband.exe' (again, without the quotes) and press enter. The key will appear under AppDefaults.

9-Now, with mb_warband.exe selected in the tree, once again select Edit->New Key. Call the key DirectInput and press enter.

10-With DirectInput selected, go to Edit->New String Value. Name it 'MouseWarpOverride' (without quotes) and press enter. Now right click it, and select 'Modify.'

11-An Edit String box will appear with the value name 'MouseWarpOverride'. In the blank Value Data box, enter 'force_edge' (without quotes). Click ok.

12-With these changes, you can now exit the Registry Editor and close the Run Command dialog. (Note: You may want to increase mouse sensivity little bit but not much, test it and you will find right sensivity level for you.)

Ok. Finally you can play mount&blade warband. As i said before it works perfectly. Enjoy it. (Note: Mouse solution is not belong to me i found it in internet.)