mountain bikers?

Discussion in 'Community' started by gwuMACaddict, Dec 2, 2003.

1. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

wondering if there were any mountain bikers around... i just bought a new set of avid juicy seven disc brakes and had to share. :D very excited to bolt them on once they get here

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I use my mountain bike in the sandy mountains of Florduh's state forests. I don't need disc brakes, but a shovel would be handy when it hasn't rained for a while.

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I used to be a hard core rider. I live in San Francisco and would weekly ride across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin and ride up Mt. Tamalpias, a 60 mile ride round trip :D. My ride back then was a red Specialized S-Works hardtail. Loved that bike. Unfortunatly I had to sell it a few years back when I went to college to pay for car repairs. Sad, I know :(. Anyways, I've been looking at buying a new bike the last few months, trouble is, everything I want is at least a grand, and I just don't have that kind of money right now. Maybe I'll just get a bike when I'm done with college.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've got a Trek 820 that I ride pretty often. I used to do the whole jumping things, all-terrain deal, but kinda got away from it after flipping a few times & realizing I need to keep injury free as much as possible.

I ride it up on the levee by the lake & wherever now. I should change the tires out on it, put the ones that are street in the middle with mountain treads to the side, but I haven't convinced myself to spend the money just yet.

:D

5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Mountain biker, I thought I was the only one (has tear i eye.)
    Yeah me and my mates get up to all kinds of crazy ****, I've posted some of the pics, here's another. Most of the photos I've posted have been pulled from video I or a friend of my have taken.

Attached Files:

6. agdickinson macrumors member

Mountain Biker too (Guilty as charged M-lord)

Yes,

I'm a Mountain Biker too :)

Got my Muddy Fox Courier in 1986(87), so I was off-roading before all the newer bikes came out over in the UK.

Also got a Canadian Mountain bike while I lived in Canada, though it's the muddy fox (literally when I'm on the bike) which has most of the action :) :D

it's FUN :D

Andrew

7. gwuMACaddict thread starter macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hahaha. never, i love riding! northern VA has some great trails. maryland too. dc is lacking- rock creek park is ridable during the week when the runners aren't around. and fort dupont near anacostia is decent too. i dont do the downhill thing though, i had a khs full-sus for a while and got rid of it in favor or a tricked out cannondale hardtail.

much faster :D

8. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Yeah I mountain bike. I have a Banshee Scream w/ 8" RC, 7" Super T, hayes 8" hydros....

These are the only pictures I have of me riding. This is when I was about 13 so not that impressive. Maybe P-Worm will reconie where it is. :)

Pics on Pinkbike

I need to keep my mouth closed :) That's my P.3 in thoes pics by the way.

Utah biking all the way!

9. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah I work in a bike shop, for a summer job.

10. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I've got a old Specialized RockHopper with the original Specialized Air/Oil mix shocks, all custom painted to match my old truck. Haven't been on it in a while, but not by choice. I broke some bones a few years ago that stopped me for quite a bit - ought to dust it off sometime.

I _had_ a Specialized StumpJumper FSR (back a few years for you crusty folk like me :)) but it bit the big one in a race, and it was retired to a life of parts for the MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN rockhopper. I loved both - but the stumpjumper was the best. :D

11. WorshSean macrumors newbie

I can beat you all for location. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah which itself has a ton of great spots and if you go one hour in any direction you'll find some killer mountain. Plus, the ski resorts will haul you up in the summer for some SWEET downhilling. Plus, I'm only 4 and half hours north of the World Famous slick rock trail in Moab. Yeah baby.

^^ I didn't notice that other guy is in SLC too. It's a great place for a biker, or a skier, or hiker, it's really just a great outdoorsing town.

12. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

While Saltlake City is located at a greater altitude than the highest mountain in South Australia, the longest I have ever driven to a race is 45minutes, and it's a 20 minute train ride to the weekend tracks.

Also I can Ride for 20 minutes and be out of site of Adelaide City.

13. renikm macrumors newbie

Used to ride my trusty Stumpjumper every bloody day when I lived in Santa Cruz. Some of the most beautiful and technical trails I've ever seen.

Since i moved to LA a year ago I've only gotten on my bike once. A travesty.

14. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I haven't ridden in a while, but I have an old Raleigh mountain bike. I used to ride Potawatami trail, in Pinckney. Very tough ride, but lots of fun.
    I also put some smoothies on my mountain bike and used to ride it back and forth to work a couple of days a week (about 25 mi. round trip) It was fun on the way there, but scary on the way home (I worked second shift, and didn't get done working until around 1:00 a.m.--country backroads all the way home)

15. gwuMACaddict thread starter macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

nice to see some other riders... i wish it wasnt so cold right now, but as my bike is in pieces it doesnt matter too much. hopefully i'll have it all bak together in time to go riding next weekend

16. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Haha, I'm the same boat as you are. Currently my Ironhorse is without rims. I was the victim of a nasty face plant and as a result, severely warped front and rear wheels. As it stands, I don't have the $$$ to purchase new rims. Maybe after Xmas I'll have the cash to get back on the trails. God I love downhill riding.

17. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'm a mountain biker. I haven't gotten out much because of school, but I've raced before...

I have a GT Aggressor that's about 4 years old... I've upgraded the fork, shifters, rear derailleur, my wheels, and the pedals, but I've taken off the shifters, pedals, and derailleur and put the stock stuff back on so it doesn't get stolen at school...