Mountain Lion Developer Previev 3 Bugs

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by kemo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

kemo

Hey there, as Developer Preview 2 bugs I have started a DP3 bugs.

I have to start with the one, that's about iTunes - media keys just doesn't work for me at all, weird thing is, that in VLC it works fine, is any1 else having this issue?

2. macrumors 6502

mattroman246

3. macrumors regular

The only bug that I have found is that sometimes the Display Energy saver does not turn off my screen. A reboot is needed to correct that issue.

Besides that I have had only one hard crash of unknown reasons, not even my Console tells me why.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors regular

I have noticed mission control when used with a Hot corner. Will work sometimes, and other times it does nothing. I have no issues with it working with the four fingers, but it fails from time to time with hot corners.

6. macrumors member

can anyone watch youtube videos in safari ? i know it's safari, but directly related to ML.

7. macrumors 68030

I can't get folder actions to work, can't even add folders to it...

8. macrumors regular

andrewpturko

My quote from the Video Crash Thread (labeled: HTML5 Videos (YouTube etc.) crahes immediately):

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

kemo

Mine freezed completely yesterday when I was watching Adobe CS6 Event.

10. macrumors 6502a

karsten

bugs I have found is still a bug from DP2- finder font size isn't remembered. if you set a font size in finder as a default the next time you open a window its back to the big default (12pt) size. annoying. i filed it on dp2 guess i'll have to re file it-

11. macrumors newbie

Screen Glitches...

My screen did not glitch in DP1, and now that I updated from DP1 to DP3, often times my screen glitches in certain areas... Such as if I right click on an icon in the dock, and try to go to Options sometimes is glitches out like it flickers and such(just that menu not the whole screen).

12. macrumors 68000

ErikGrim

Having issues with embedded Vimeo videos (works on Vimeo), YouTube videos are the opposite, works embedded but not on YouTube. Plex makes horrid noises when trying to play DTS/5.1 sound. VLC is fine.

DP3.

----------

Oh and the full screen button in HTML5 videos is now just a blank button.

And sometimes full screen video won't work at all, especially if there are multiple videos on one page.

13. macrumors 68000

One major bug in DP3:

When you receive a subscribed email from a forum thread (any forum)...

There is always a link in the message that automatically opens up your web browser (in this case Safari) and takes you to that very page.

What is happening is that Safari opens, but it doesn't take you anywhere except your designated home page.

So, for the moment, opening up email links to a specific site does not work.

14. macrumors 6502a

Asclepio

When in "exposè mode" i drag a window app to a new desktop it freez the mac.
    Imac 21.5 2011.

15. macrumors 6502

Takuro

16. macrumors 6502

You seem to miss the point of these threads then. They arn't meant to inform Apple of the bugs, it's to inform other users, and talk about possible work arounds.

17. macrumors regular

Only developers should be using the pre-release. Bugs can't be fixed for the end-user release if they're not reported.

18. macrumors 68000

Thank you for that answer.

That's why I enjoy participating here.

19. macrumors regular

No one cares about your bugs if you don't report them to Apple. Stop bitching if you can't spend 5 minutes telling Apple so it can ACTUALLY BE FIXED.

20. macrumors 603

Tyler23

How do you know they aren't reporting these bugs to Apple? I'm sure they're capable of sending a bug report to Apple and then discussing said bug on here..

21. macrumors regular

The responses and downvotes lead me to believe otherwise. Can those reporting these bugs confirm that they have been reported.

22. macrumors 68000

Obviously, Jango thinks he knows what everyone here is or is not doing. Of course this leads to a bit of unwarranted hostility towards other members of this board.

Of course bugs are being reported to Apple.

However, in case you didn't realize it, this is a message forum devoted to Mac enthusiasts who like to share information here.

Stop spoiling the party. :)

23. macrumors 601

talmy

People with legitimate access to the Mountain Lion Preview also have access to bug submission and Apple's private forums to discuss issues. There is little reason to post here and a big reason not to (everyone with legitimate access has "signed" an NDA).

People without legitimate access don't have access to Apple's forums, might as well post here, and certainly have no obligation to submit bug reports to Apple. They might be foolish to do so as it would reveal they have a copy.

We all know how litigious Apple can be.

24. macrumors regular

25. macrumors 68000

I disagree, I think everyone should be able to use pre-release software, It's not like if the general user does end up using pre-release software that Earth's axis will shift & It'll be the end of the human race =/

Unless I'm wrong the last time I was using Mountain Lion when crashes did occur they were sent to Apple just like with OSX Lion, if that is the case won't it mean a better 10.8?

I personally don't see anything wrong with using pre-release OS, obviously provided the user knows what he is doing.. If one know hows to format, partition their drive & install OSX then they are set..