Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamdavekennedy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2012
London / Belfast
Hey folks,

We've just upgraded to ML and Microsoft Office 2011 isn't opening for us anymore, giving us invalid serial warnings etc.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with this and if so do you have any advice?

It's a fully licensed copy and we have purchased serials but even trying an alternate serial hasn't worked.

Other people seem to have installed it fine so it's bizarre that it's not working on our systems...

David

1stdaz

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Hey folks,

We've just upgraded to ML and Microsoft Office 2011 isn't opening for us anymore, giving us invalid serial warnings etc.

Has anyone else experienced any problems with this and if so do you have any advice?

It's a fully licensed copy and we have purchased serials but even trying an alternate serial hasn't worked.

Other people seem to have installed it fine so it's bizarre that it's not working on our systems...

David

Mine is fine, but not totally legit...

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Works for me

Hey folks,

David

Try running Microsoft Auto Update and see if you have it fully updated.

For me it works perfectly - though I must say it's pirated... I think I used it twice in my life.... I don't like office for Mac.

If Software Update for Office doesn't work - try re installing.

Good luck!

iamdavekennedy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2012
London / Belfast
We're thinking it could possible be a font issue, is there anything that office requires or doesn't work well with on ML/in general?

We've tens of thousands of typefaces on our system so activating/deactivating one by one doesn't seem to be an option!

----------

It definitely is a font issue, it's running on another system, any ideas folks?

----------

For me it works perfectly - though I must say it's pirated... I think I used it twice in my life.... I don't like office for Mac.

Good luck!

Tried reinstalling fresh and still hanging on the font database % count of the splash screen, definitely thinking it's that causing the problem now!

denisvj

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
Hey folks,

David

It`s full updated ?

You can set "anywhere" in preferences/security & privacy/general and run the update .

I think MS Office needs to be updated to the latest version to work with ML .

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Also no issues. My copy of MS office '11 is legit, though it is part of a site license.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities

Good luck!

I have Office 2011 for Mac, and I can't stand it. I use Office all the time at work, and find the Mac version ugly, slow, and a chore to use.

So, if you don't mind my asking, what do you use? Apple's stuff? OpenOffice/LibreOffice? Curious . . .

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey folks,

David

Microsoft Office 2011 is saying my serial number is invalid.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
I have Office 2011 for Mac, and I can't stand it. I use Office all the time at work, and find the Mac version ugly, slow, and a chore to use.

So, if you don't mind my asking, what do you use? Apple's stuff? OpenOffice/LibreOffice? Curious . . .

I like office for mac, and have no problems using it.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
I WANT to like it, I paid for it, and I have been a heavy Office user since 1995. It just baffles me why it isn't pixel per pixel / function per function identical to it's Windows counterpart. Why on earth is it different at all? And not as robust? And slow to launch?
:confused:

It launches fast for me, faster than it did on my last pc. At appears fine for me as well.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I had to reactivate my copy of Office after installing ML and running auto update. I thought it was odd but it took my existing key with no problem. It opens fast, no complaints about speed.

Rogzilla

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007
I had to reactivate my copy of Office after installing ML and running auto update. I thought it was odd but it took my existing key with no problem. It opens fast, no complaints about speed.

I had this exact problem too. I had misplaced my key but MS was actually REALLY great and the online CS got me my key in about...5 or 10 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.