Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
It's for companies. The "install on unlimited machines" is for personal machines, not business or educational machines.

Temaki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
It's for companies. The "install on unlimited machines" is for personal machines, not business or educational machines.
thanks!
i got another question. what's different with using the same ID on the second MAC to download ML on Appstore vs installing ML directly by the file downloaded from the first MAC (file InstallESD.dmg)

Because people are sharing that file over the internet, does that mean everyone will have a licensed OSX? then what's the point of buying it while right after few hours it's been seeded? that's not fair

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
thanks!
i got another question. what's different with using the same ID on the second MAC to download ML on Appstore vs installing ML directly by the file downloaded from the first MAC (file InstallESD.dmg)

Because people are sharing that file over the internet, does that mean everyone will have a licensed OSX? then what's the point of buying it while right after few hours it's been seeded? that's not fair

There's no difference between downloading it or using the InstallESD.dmg. Mountain Lion has no DRM whatsoever.

With regards to downloading it free from an Internet seed or paying for it in the AppStore, that decision falls within the purview of your own morality or habits. :D

Temaki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
i thought owning a licensed OSX downloaded on Appstore would give me a better support from Apple or some other benefits :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.