mounted drives...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by neterhet, Feb 27, 2007.

1. neterhet macrumors newbie

hello, i have a new mbpro 15" 2.33... i also have an old sawtooth G4 that i have upgraded in the past with a 1ghz processor upgrade... (was time for a new beast)

here's my issue. i have 2 external and 2 internal drives on that G4 that i mount all the time on my desktop of the mbpro when i am working at home... much like a file server. is there any way so that i can automate the mounting of the drives? something simpler than going to "connect to server" and then selecting each volume i want to have mounted... like an applescript or automator action? and if so, how do i go about doing it?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You sure can!

First of all, create an alias of each drive after mounting it. Put the alias anywhere - just remember where you put it. Then, add each alias to your login items. I believe this can be done from the contextual menu. If not, you'll have to add them manually by opening System Preferences, clicking accounts, clicking login items, and adding each one.

3. mmzplanet macrumors regular

mmzplanet

I do that using automator. I have 2 automator apps. One for work (10 shares) and one for home (3-4 shares). I have both icons in the dock, just click on the one for where you are. :) Then "BOOM" all your drives will mount.

4. neterhet thread starter macrumors newbie

how do you build that in automator? is it self explanitory?

5. neterhet thread starter macrumors newbie

can someone point me to a tute or something for creating this in automator? i tried last night and could not figure it out. thanks.