Mounting OSX partition using MacDrive ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Temujin, May 17, 2006.

1. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

My external HDD works fine using MacDrive, but I can't seem to get the internal OSX partition to show up using the same methods.
    Any ideas?

2. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

No suggestions except contact the MacDrive folks.

One general suggestion once you get it working, back up data often. I've been running MacDrive to view my internal drive for a while now. Three times I've gotton a blue screen from MacDrive and the end result was a dead OSX install. I had to rebuild the machine from scratch. They've been patching and the blue screens have stopped, but just the other day I went browse my OSX drive, Explorer locked up, I had to forcibly shutdown windows (killing the explorer process didn't work because the problem was deeper in MacDrive), and there was corruption on the OSX drive as a result.

MacDrive in that configuration is not quite stable yet so just be wary.

3. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

4. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Make sure MacDrive is up to date. They had to release an update for the specific problem of not seeing the Intel OSX partition.

5. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

I'll try an update, thanks.

6. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

7. Mojo67821 macrumors regular

I love the concept of Macdrive... it's been the way for me to bridge the gap between the two sides of my Intel Mac. In practice though, the program is buggy and has given me numerous panics when in windows.

After the update, I stopped getting the warning telling me to reformat my drive in OSX (which I had checked in OSX, and was told it was running fine).

I would also recommend backing up any info on a drive used with macdrive.

8. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

You guys are scaring me. Is MacDrive really that buggy that it could cause data loss on existing data, and not only data being transferred?

9. MarkAnd macrumors newbie

I just downloaded a trial and had a lockup followed by a blue screen which happened exactly when I tried to save a file to my OSX volume. I found this form by searching on MacDrive Blue Screen! :( So I think it may unfortunately be not very reliable, which is a pity. I hope that BootCamp exposes provides this functionality.

10. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I would venture to guess their target market wasn't Windows on Intel macs, besides - they didn't really have time to test it out since Bootcamp/Parallels only came out recently.

They'll make good with the community.

11. Jazzbo242 macrumors newbie

MacDrive problem

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm running Parallels and clicking on "Partition a Mac hard drive" as the one MacDrive option, all I get shown is the 8Gb Virtual HDD and not the OS X drive. Again, if I try "View Mac disks on my computer" all I get to see is everything other than my OS X HD. This may seem a silly question, but where I'm going wrong? I would have expected to be given the option of accessing the OS X HD in either or both of these functions.

I'm incidentally running the latest Trial Version, downloaded today.