Mouse Acceleration

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Kornbeef, Jan 25, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm using a Logitech MX700 mouse and the drivers I downloaded online for it don't let me turn off mouse acceleration.

Playing Starcraft2 with acceleration is next to impossible, no precision for quick actions.

Any ideas on how to turn it off?

2. macrumors member

steelseries exactmouse tool

3. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Are you not able to turn it down either in your OS X Preferences or in the SC2 menu?

4. aki
    macrumors 6502a

there's no 100% perfect solution sadly. things like usboverdrive can turn it off in theory, but sc2 doesn't play nice with them. I've tried many methods and these days tbh i usually play sc2 under bootcamp. :eek:

5. macrumors G3

Huntn

If they are still using a Logitech Control Panel and you don't have it installed, you need to download it. Controls are there that I believe control acceleration.

6. macrumors newbie

Doesn't it has 'Mouse acceleration fix' in Logitech drivers like Microsoft Intellipoint for Microsoft's mice?

I'm using Microsoft Intellimouse for now and it nicely overrides default Mac mouse behaviour, 100% genuine like in Windows. If I change Microsoft's mouse to Logitech G500, will I lose such option or not? I saw that it has similar option in Logitech Control Center for Mac, but haven't ever heard how does it works. Any comments from Logitech owners, please? Is it real to reproduce original Windows mouse behavior with Logitech drivers (like it done for Microsoft with it's own drivers) or I still be needed to use Steermouse/USBoverride, etc?.

7. macrumors newbie

Mouse acceleration is pretty ****ed up in mac os, deal with it. ;)

8. macrumors newbie

If anybody has Logitech mouse, give me a note please: whether Logitech mouse driver has mouse acceleration override for Mac (which makes mouse acceleration similar to Windows's) or not.

9. macrumors 65816

Signal-11

No, it doesn't.

The best overall solution is SteerMouse.

10. macrumors regular

jakeguy99

I assume you did the changes in windows? Switch back to windows change it there, then restart. see if that works. if anything uninstall the drivers.

11. macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Yep. I am currently using USB Overdrive but I also own Steermouse. I wish Apple would at least acknowledge how poor their mouse handlers are in OSX. But, you can't get a problem solved that Apple contends doesn't exist.:confused: