Mouse and Speaker Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hubristol, Jan 7, 2006.

1. hubristol macrumors regular

Nov 28, 2005
    I have two questions for you all today.

1) I just got to my dorm today and brought my computer and keyboard/mouse with me. The thing is that I packed the keyboard and the mouse in the same bag that I put a towel that I used earlier this morning. Both are still functioning but the mouse kinda sticks. I'm using the default Apple mouse and whenever i click, it sometimes sticks to the base. I wasn't sure if maybe some of the water residue on the towel maybe condensated on parts of the inside of the mouse...does this sound like this may be the case? The keyboard works as it should and so does the mouse except that it sticks every now and then.

2) I got logitech x-530 5.1 speakers for christmas and set them up today and was too dumb to realize/know that it's not full surround sound unless you have the appropriate sound card. I'm running a Rev B iMac G5 and I only see one audio port for sound so I'm guessing my sound card only supports 2.1 speakers. However, the speakers I used prior to now had 4 satellites (it was an altec lansing) and all four satellites had sound. I was wondering if there was any adapter I could buy to convert my audio port so that it allows for 5 satellites. Even if it's an option, I don't want to go into my computer and mess with the card itself.

Any help on any of the two questions would be greatly appreciated. :D
  2. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

May 24, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    you can get a USB think that will let you do 5.1 I believe. I think you can have 4 speakers and you will just get 2xstereo, so the back left and right will be the same as the front left and right, respectively
  3. osprey76 macrumors 6502

May 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    1) Electronics and water don't mix.

2) This device here:

will let you output surround sound from your Mac. You still need a surround source for the real thing (such as a DVD.) I think someone else makes something similar, but don't recall who.