mouse callus

Discussion in 'Community' started by sonofslim, Aug 25, 2004.

1. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

does anyone else have a giant freaking callus on the wristbone, right where it rests on your desk if you're holding a mouse? 'cuz i do.

just curious.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Can't say that I do, but I tend to float my wrist when I use the mouse.

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I got nothing... maybe you need to take a break?

4. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

You should check out www.staples.com or Office Depot, as they have these wrist pads and hand guards that sit alongside the keyboard or mouse pad that really help.

It amazes me that for all the design work in Apple products, they are ergonomically horroble. But a $10 pad does wonders for those that have to type and use the mouse all the time.

5. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

I concur with you there. Typing on my iBook for any length of time gets really annoying with the way the edge is so sharp. Beautiful to look at...horrible to rest one's wrists on!

6. sonofslim thread starter macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

yeah, i might go steal one of those gel wrist-pads from one of my co-workers. or i suppose i could go through official channels and requisition one. or file for worker's comp and take a month off to "recuperate."

7. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Got to be careful with that. Once the Risk Management folks get involved, they can do all sorts of things to your workkspace. They came by every office where I work, and now everyone has got all sorts of crazy eye filters, wrist apds, keyboard shelves, foot rests, etc. Some of it is beneficial, some is just plain a pain to use. But now, if you have a claim, they evaluated your workspace and they are no longer liable.
    You can take a good thing way too far. Where I work they nearly banned eMacs from use as they are difficult to position the monitors for all people. But the iMac got top marks for this, so always a silver lining.

8. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Same here. Rather, I DID have one... for almost 10 years, I used a mouse without a wrist pad of any kind, and I developed the exact same thing you have. I lost all feeling there, it was getting pretty bad.

Thankfully, it gradually went away after I bought one of those mouse pads with the gel wrist pad attached. I've also regained all feeling there as well. I seriously recommend you get one, it'll definitely help.