Mouse dies in corner of PB screen please HELP!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Kingsnapped, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

My mouse has lost the ability to click on the corner of my powerbook screen. It works perfectly everywhere else, but there is an area about four square inches where mice and trackpad dont' do anything when clicked. I can scroll around, but it's like there's nothing on the screen. The mouse can't see hyperlinks and I can't move around my clips in FCE. I have important projects going so a clean install would suck immensly... the only odd mouse software I have is SideTrack. How should I troubleshoot/deal with this?

Specifics:
    15" Aluminium powerbook 1.25 with 512mb of ram running 10.3.3

2. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

terminal hack?

I had this problem a little while ago as well. I had done the terminal hack that makes exposé minimize all windows into a miniature window. that miniature window seems to remain whereever you place it (although invisible), and blocks your mouse from clicking on anything under this invisible square. that was my problem. so i just deactivated that exposé hack from the terminal and everything worked like it should again. if you haven't done that hack, then sorry, i don't know what the problem is.

3. Kingsnapped thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Holy @#$@! You deserve money or something! Thank you so much, it's that exactly!

4. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

When I read the description of your post, I thought a mouse actually died on your screen, lol.... I could've helped you with that problem, but not with this one. Glad someone else knew what he was doing!

6. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I have had the same problem for a while now on my powermac. I activated the minimize dt to window thing with tinker tool though and not the terminal. since I read this thread I have deactivated that and gone back to normal expose features. I hope this will fix my problem also.