Mouse disappears in Panther

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Owaho, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Owaho macrumors newbie

Since installing panther on my tibook, my mouse occasionally disappears when i close programs? is anyone else having this problem? what can i do to solve it?

2. colinet macrumors 6502

I have Panther of a Dual G5 with 2 monitors (23"Cinema + 19" Sony CRT) The other day the pointer disappeared on my Cinema display but not on the Sony. It hasn't happened since but I am having problems with Panther and Mail that weren't there in 10.2.8

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've had a similar problem. i've got Panther running on a 15" PB (new :D) and i was just using Painter 8 and Photoshop today. whenever i went to change colors in Painter the cursor would disappear, then come back a few seconds later. i've got MenuMeters installed, and i noticed that whenever the cursor disappeared CPU load was at 100%, and i was working on a fairly big document in Painter.

my guess is that it might disappear sometimes under a high CPU load. but i've only experienced it in Painter. i don't think it's anything to really worry about (at least in my case) but it sure is annoying.