Mouse Driver

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johndoe2s, Dec 28, 2005.

1. johndoe2s macrumors newbie

Hello,
    i'm new here, so please be gentle if i chose the wrong forum for my question.
    I am somehow disappointed: I got a Logitech G7 Cordless Laser Mouse as a present for christmas, and though the box clearly says "Win - Mac USB", the mouse fails to work in OS X 1.4.3 (didn't try any onther version). I asked for support, but Logitech says that the mouse isn't supported for OS X.
    Now i am wondering what to do, i don't want to change the mouse, i kinda like it, and it works just fine under Linux.
    Is it possible to somehow hack the (open source) linux mouse drivers into OS X, or could i file a bug-report somewhere? I simply don't know where to look or what to do next.

2. johndoe2s thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, that didn't work.
    Still the same problem: i can move the mouse, but i can't click anything or use the scrollwheel.
    I really wonder what Logitech did change, other Logitech mice work just fine.

3. johndoe2s thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, after some more tests, i have to say
    "thanx a thousand times, rdowns".
    Now everything works as expected (even better, side-scrolling works, and all extra buttons as well). I only had to uninstall the Logitech Command Center.